Steve Wright Radio 2 show ends

My eldest and all her friends have recently discovered the joys of bottled hair colour - pink, purple and blue are currently popular with their little group. They will fit right in at art college in September. Good for them!

1 Like

Good for them (also )

1 Like

Ken Bruce is still good. But I only listen for Pop Master.

4 Likes

Best show on Radio 2 is Liza Tarbuck’s. Very knowledgeable on music and the playlist always keeps you guessing.

2 Likes

Anyone else noticed that Steve Wright plays some tunes in mono and some in stereo? I dropped an RTW phase meter on my system once to check my NAT01 wasn’t playing up. Also same deal with the stream and DAB. Contacted the beeb and apparently its just one of those things he does.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thanks for reopening @Richard.Dane :slight_smile:

There may be the odd one interested, but I believe it is Steve Wright’s last Radio2 afternoon show today, so I’ll be tuning in for dose of teenage Radio 1 and 2 nostalgia. Although I do hope he doesn’t conclude things with the woeful “Serious Jockin” (gawd).

A nice Twitter tribute from Simon Mayo…

“So farewell Steve Wright in the Afternoon. Shows of a staggeringly high standard, day after a day, year after year, from a brilliant operator and one of the hardest workers I’ve met. Loved the show Steve.”

3 Likes

I think I’ll open a bottle of bubbly this evening to celebrate! It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…

3 Likes

One for the “things that make you feel old” thread. Steve Wright, who was on Radio 1 when I was in my teens now doesn’t even merit Radio 2 which used to be my parents’ station….

3 Likes

Mr Angry rounds up the posse.

Oh good grief - hadn’t thought of it like that. Your observation is spot on, and I now feel positively prehistoric!

1 Like