Stillpoint suprise

That would be a back breaking exercise but not a bad call. Good excuse for a strip down and dust off too. Will see if I can borrow 8 of the heavy duty points from my dealer at some point.

Yes. 8 of those would be nearly 5k. You would be better off sourcing used Naim Fraim.

1 Like

Yeah, a bit steep. Trouble is, Fraim wouldnā€™t fit and the better half is not a fan of the looks anyway. Blok was my compromise solution.

Well such is life. Looks awesome by the way, and sure it sounds it. Good luck.

Very kind. Thank you.

Mark if you put your kit on its side it would still sound fantastic, that is without doubt. Imo what is happen with the points if they have a flat head (and I think your ones do)is they are removing the the air born energy from your SC case while at the same time decoupling the SC from your rack which in turn lowers the distortion of the signal path and thatā€™s a good thing no doubt. It sounds like you have hit a nice little sweet spot for your rack and kit.
Iā€™m a firm believer Naim works better with a small amount of frequency or residence. Ive also found absolute isolation just kills the enjoyment. Your probably starting to think Iā€™m a bit of a nutter and Iā€™m am no doubt but Iā€™m convinced the sweet spot is in the region of about 330 hz or an E note. It could be the removal of that frequency from the total happy residence throughout the kit im unsure. I found this out but playing around with naim boxes they all seem to ring around the same frequency (E) and fraim glass. While I have no scientific papers to back it up somethingā€™s going on for surešŸ˜¬ everything in existence is vibrating at a frequency. Naim have obviously found a magic number as 1 in 10 sheets of glass make it to fraim glass and it does work that is for sure. Oh well rant overšŸ˜

1 Like

Sorry i forgot to add Iā€™ve also found a correctly setup and settled in Mana rack rings about the same frequency.:nerd_face:

The lonely spare.

1 Like

Just noticed another good side effect. The Supercap I put the Ultra Minis under is an older, serviced, non DR sc. Itā€™s the only power supply or power amp of the six that has a noisy transformer. On occasions it bursts into angry song and buzzes like a nest of angry bees. Fortunately it doesnā€™t sing for long. As I was changing the record just now I could hear a muted hum. Closer inspection showed it to be the SC on the minis. Seems they may have tamed the bees? A nice side effect if it turns out to be the case. Will monitor the nest.

Some racks such as Finite Elemente are designed to be used with their own isolation devices. The FE Spider rack is optimised when the isolation footers and supports are used together with the rack. My FE rack is on Cerapucs and the Ceraball Spiders are supporting few components.

OF course, the Naim Fraim is the best rack for Naim components but other rack alternatives will also improve on sound quality when compared to placing the equipment on normal furniture, say Ikea TV bench or something similar.

2 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:Ryder,ā€¦How do you know it.?

Have you compared different hifi-racks in the same room,ā€¦
:black_small_square:standing in exactly the same place on the floorā€¦
:black_small_square:optimally installed according to the manufacturerā€™s recommendations.

Our ā€œgroupā€ has made it.
We preferred Mana Acoustic,with Naim Fraim as a very good number two.

:small_blue_diamond:But everyone thought that Naim Fraim has a more beautiful design.

/PederšŸ™‚

1 Like

I have Stillpoints in my system, partly because my wife would not accept a Naim Fraim in our living/music room. They support my 552 pre amp, Superline, CD555 head unit and B/W 802/D3s.
They do make a difference and certainly in a positive way, especially in the bass. Not the cheapest of products but in the overall system cost not a massive amount of spend.
Its all about unwanted resonance as I see it. If your turntable was in the other room would it sound better? Probably.
Douglas.

I do not have experience with the Naim Fraim. My comment is based on experiences shared by users who have switched to the Fraim.

Interesting the Mana Acoustics is ahead of the Fraim. Anyway I am happy with my FE rack. I have compared it to a cheap rack and the improvement in sound quality is quite obvious. The bonus is the equipment look better on the rack too.

1 Like

I was tempted by this rack too. If not more expensive vs a fraimlite, i would have bought it. Very well done rack.

:small_blue_diamond:Soundsfaber,ā€¦:grin: I began to believe that I am dementia.

I would respond to your post about ā€œBorn in Swedenā€ and Mana Acoustics,.but did not find it.
Why did you remove it.?

/PederšŸ™‚

funny, my wife likes the look of the Fraim
We have fairly traditional furnishings as well
I love the look of the Fraim- ā€œform follows functionā€ type aesthetic
david

Sorry Peder, Iā€™m unsure why or if I deleted that post, I may of had a little much brown and bubblyā€˜s at the timeā€‹:woozy_face:. Think what I was trying to say is that I should of been born in Sweden as Iā€™m very much into the setup part of the hobby as you and your fellow Swedish Audiophiles, this is part of my mana fetish. As you know when phased mana is correctly setup it rely does pull every bit of music out of the naim boxes, on the other hand and in the complete opposite direction it also letā€™s you know when itā€™s not setup correctly. My Sl2 speaker are the same I just love it. I get that folks enjoy ā€œset and forget tooā€ I do enjoy Naims fraim, I just enjoy the ā€œmana affectā€ more at this stage of my life.:call_me_hand:

1 Like

Unfortunately for my health and wallet I have found that putting Ansuz Darkz under my Fraim and 2 other racks made a difference for the better. Even more unfortunately Darkz under each component also makes a difference. This should not be so but it is in my system! It does not for sure take any Naim magic away in my system, but we probably all feel the Naim magic in different ways.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.