Stream Apple Music Lossless

Did you see I mentioned, with the Qobuz desktop app, Qobuz just added autoplay like last week, as Apple Music has. That was one of the big advantages of Apple over Qobuz to me. But no autoplay on Qobuz mobile yet.

Yes. As you’d expect for a music-first company, we’ve spent a huge amount of time ensuring our own implementation of streaming services sounds as good as it possibly can; it’s one of the reasons every member of our streaming product family has won multiple awards.

I can (almost) understand people using complex ways to achieve a streaming result where we do not have services built in, but when we do… just use the Naim.

4 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: that is what I am finding out though Apple Music is soooo easy to use that I still look forward to the moment their high res offering is castable from my iPhone or Mac.

Ultimately it would I presume be best if AM was embedded in the Naim streamers.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: that is what I am finding out though Apple Music is soooo easy to use that I still look forward to the moment their high res offering is castable from my iPhone or Mac.

Ultimately it would I presume be best if AM was embedded in the Naim streamers

Ideally, yes, but I can’t see that happening any time soon.In the meantime, we can all hope Apple allows Apple Music and AirPlay 2 to play together in a better resolution than they currently do; the tech is certainly capable of it.

5 Likes

I see Apple are building a new Mac app for Apple Music. Maybe that might improve things, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. Clearly their approach is not directed towards streaming lossless to high end audio systems, it’s simply not their target market. Best to stick with Tidal and Qobuz direct through the Naim app, or add Roon if you want the bells and whistles interface.

2 Likes

Interesting. Having consistent Apple Music Apps across Mac iOS (watch) and Apple TV platforms would presumably make it easier to launch new features. Back to Apples desired “it just works together” ethos. More fun for Apple to launch lossless via Airplay when it works the same on all platforms.

Another interesting forthcoming apple technology is Universal Control - “A single keyboard and mouse or trackpad now work seamlessly between your Mac and iPad — they’ll even connect to more than one Mac or iPad. Move your cursor from your Mac to your iPad, type on your Mac and watch the words show up on your iPad, or even drag and drop content from one Mac to another.” Universal control is expected to be coming spring 2022. Perhaps we could use it to control music on a Mac mini or IPad that was wired into our Naim kit to provide lossless and hi resolution music. An iOS enabled usb input on the Naim streamers for direct connection of lossless and hi res from an ipad would be great.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.