Streaming flac recordings

Hi – I have an ND5XS2 streamer and tidal (and I love it!). I’m going to start buying and downloading some FLAC-quality tunes elsewhere. Can i hook the naim app up to play these files (which input?) or do i need (a recommended) software player? Apologies in advance if this is a daft question --new to doing this outside tidal. Any advice most welcome. Thanks.

The simplest way to do this would be to store the FLAC files on a USB drive and connect that to a USB port on the ND5XS2.
An alternative would be to a NAS or computer on your network, and run a UPnP server on it.

1 Like

thanks. I was hoping to play them from the hard disk of my tablet rather than have a usb stick hanging out of the unit. Dont know what a UPnP sever is (apologies).

Use the USB at the rear then, it really is the simplest and cheapest option.

2 Likes

good point, didnt think of that!

If you have an Android tablet you can install the BubbleUPNP app and then stream lossless to the ND5XS2, it’s a better option than using USB generally.

1 Like

A UPnP server is the software you would need to run on your computer to stream the music from there to your ND5XS2. Examples would be Minimserver or Asset.

A USB stick or hard drive is a cheap easy option, and yes, you can use the rear USB port to keep it out of sight. Then go to the Server input and look in Local Music.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.