SuperCap dr

Hi.
I have just purchased a SCDR to replace my HCDR to pair with my NAC 282 and NAP 250DR.
I have a single Super lumina SNAIC
I have the original SNAIC.
Can I use them on the SCDR-
One for power and the other signal?
Kind Regards
Peter

There is no such thing as a SuperLumina Snaic. You need two Snaic 5s to connect the Supercap to the 282.

Diagram is here for 282 plus supercap and napsc.
An interconnect like the superlumina is a 5 pin 180 degree plug.
A 5 pin snaic is 270 degrees.

2 Likes

You want two identical SNAICs for the full monty connection of a Supercap to a 282. You only have one. I once had this combo and had to buy a second matching SNAIC.

As mentioned above there is no such thing as a Super Lumina SNAIC. That’s an IC and won’t work for this application.

Instead of buying a 2nd SNAIC you should just pass Go and get a 252. That includes the Burndy and SNAIC you need. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You should use near identical Naim SNAIC’s.

Do Not Use Anything Else. Please…?

I wouldn’t be that concerned about identical SNAIC5s since only one of them carries an audio signal.

Are you sure about that? I was told each one carries audio for each channel. Same as if putting two HiCaps on a 282.

@llatpoh76 is right. Only one of the SNAIC5 cables between SC and 282 carries both audio and power. The SNAIC5 connected to upgrade 2 on the 282 is power only. Same as with two Hicaps powering a 282.

1 Like

OK. I see. Thanks for the explanation.

2 Likes

You can see on the back panel what does what; top one “power”, bottom one “power + audio” and the pin diagram includes ch1 and ch2.

1 Like

I probably could have looked at that myself. I have two. :slight_smile:

Don’t forget that the Snaic you have ‘belongs’ to the Hicap and would need to be sold on with the Hicap if/when you sell it…

1 Like

Apologies for getting my question wrong.
I have had a stroke.
It’s a standard snaic and a non-Naim “snaic”. Would there be an imbalance and disaster if used?

I strongly suggest you replace it with the genuine article. Note that use of non-Naim SNAICs is considered an unauthorised modification to Naim equipment, hence discussion of them here is not permitted.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.