Supernait 2 with ATC scm19 v2

I don’t think sn2 and atc 19 are a great match. I had this pair for a year or so.
The combo is a little forward sounding amp .sn2 is truly great with shy speakers , less so
with very dynamic speakers like those atcs. my 32.5 was a great match with the 19s.

Some will like SN2/SCM19’s and some will not. Just as there is no guarantee that despite all the power/control that everyone will like SCM19/Statement. There is no one fit for all.

1 Like

I tried the SN2 and ATC19 combo in store for a few hours. I wasn’t impressed with the ATCs. It is very much subjective.

But, the SN2 drove the ATCs without problem.

Please read my post. Nowhere did I say that ATCs “need much power to be enjoyable.” But I stand by my statement that, based on extensive auditioning and hearing them at shows, SCM 19s, indeed most of the entry range, thrive on more powerful amps. Almost every review I have read makes the same point even whilst praising the speakers. And to pair a 5si with such low sensitivity speakers as SCM 40s does not sound like a sensibly balanced way to spend £5k on amp and speakers to me.

My advice to the OP was simply to audition if possible and I stand by that.

Roger

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.