Supernait 3 intermittent crackle

I’ve just noticed a low level intermittent cracking and rustling sound out of the right channel when no music playing, I’ve disconnected all sources etc but still there. Perhaps a capacitor on the way out? Anyone come across this?

Or a poor connection somewhere?

Try removing an re-fitting the link plug a few times (do this with the amp powered off).

Otherwise @NeilS may have a better idea here.

1 Like

No joy with that unfortunately

Crackling on Nap 250 was usually a sign a recap was needed.

What is the age of the SN3 - when was it last serviced…?

Surely can’t be more than 4 years old? Shouldn’t need a service any time soon I would have thought?

It’ll be due a service in or around 2032! They’ve only been available since 2019

Sorry I asked… :thinking:

1 Like

Just caused me to age as a Supernait 3 owner, thought I’d missed a newsflash :grinning:

Well it’s the fourth fault I’ve had with a SN3, it’s already been back to Naim with different issues and a previous faulty unit was replaced so not a great experience at all. Not sure I want it outside of warranty.

1 Like

Wow, that’s poor and not what you expect with a now 4K amp.

My dealer sorted me a new one to replace first one with the uncentered balance control.

I would say the most likely cause of this is a faulty transistor in the preamp gain stage - especially if you can still hear it with the volume at zero.

Regards
Neil.

Thanks Neil, yes it’s there with volume at zero unfortunately

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.