Supernait 3 - Not So Super?

I am considering the purchase of a new Supernait 3, but after seeing dozens for sale on the used market I am having second thoughts. Does anyone know what the issue is?

Also noticed there are a lot on the market too. Can only assume it’s down to people taking advantage of the secondhand market dealer bargains and upgrading to separates, all due to the launch of the New Classic range.

Don’t worry, it is a fabulous amp!

9 Likes

I would guess that a lot of people who have been waiting years for the badly delayed arrival of New Classic amps will have been holding onto their Supernaits until now.

1 Like

I traded mine in because I got a good deal allowing me to upgrade using ex-demo discounted classic boxes. It doesn’t mean the sn3 is bad it just means that people can’t resist upgrading :joy:

1 Like

Also bear in mind that the Supernait 3 has been one of Naim’s best sellers, but of course with the latest release of New Classic, those who have been putting off the next upgrade step have doubtless all jumped at a similar time now they have been announced and some (200 series) released, with others (300 series) about to ship within the next couple of months.

4 Likes

Supernait 3 is a fab amp I love mine.
As said the changing of classic systems from one type to the other has caused an influx of new interest.
There are no inherent problems with this amp and might be time to buy a bargain and let someone else start box collecting. :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Fab Amp. Traded mine vs my 500 upgrade.

1 Like

As above, I loved mine in combo with the NDX 2, primary reason for trading in was against a New Classic based system evolution. I’d certainly have no hesitation recommending one.

3 Likes

With a moribund 200 series , which was eventually deleted , suspect that there has been a pent up demand building up .

Elsewhere I suspect Chord have been slightly surprised as the demand for Shawline and Epic cables with DIN shows an increase with the Nait 50 .

Buy with confidence, its a cracking amp and keep an eye out if there are any bargain HiCap DR’s to be had as this improves it a bit more.

More and more I’d been listening to my other system which doesn’t have the SN3 in it and yesterday had the opportunity due to an empty house to crank the Naim setup, really brought home the grip and energy the SN3 has.

3 Likes

In fact I preferred my SN2 vs SN3.
Thats 50% saved if you accept second hand.

Another surprising unexpected issue - the new Nait 50 seem to better all the previously Naim integrated amps - a lesson learned what rated paper watt means to performance, JV knew this when he released his original Naits.

It counts good for upcoming amps they might implement the new technique.

5 Likes

You’ve said that about the NAIT 50 having the measure of both the XS3 and SN3 at least twice now! Can I ask what that’s based on please? Just interested, as I’m sure it sounds great, but not seen anything obviously comparing them. If it’s posts on here I’m happy to go searching, but I have read a lot and don’t recall anything that suggested it was better than the SN3

4 Likes

Where does that come from?

I’m upgrading and am similarly surprised at the crowded market place. If it weren’t for the allure of separates I’d be happily using it right now. A fabulous amp and an absolute steal at “previously loved” prices.

Thanks all!

I have a SN3 with a HiCap DR and can wholeheartedly recommend it, coming from both a NAIT 5si & XS 2, which are also really good in their own right, but the SN3 is something really rather super!

6 Likes

Another vote for SN3. As others have said it is just timing. I enjoyed mine immensely before upgrade fever took hold.

3 Likes

Just enjoy the choice and bargain a little bit harder.
Most likely down to the emergence of new Classic Series.

1 Like

Take advantage, fantastic amp.

1 Like

As I said earlier I love my SN-3 :heart_eyes:
Grab a bargain of the last Classic series boxes.
Who knows what the future will bring with a 4 or new classic integrated. :scream:

3 Likes