Supernait 3 question

I will in the middle of august receive a supernait 3 to connect to a pair of focal sopra n1, and I have a doubt that could not find a clear answer in the forum.

My current speaker cables are the audioquest Robin Hood with the length of 3 meters, will the Robin Hood be ok to connect to the supernait 3?

Thanks for your replys.

1 Like

If you do a search using “Speaker Cables use with SuperNait” you will find 50+ threads with comments on the subject.

I used NAC A5 when I had a SN 2 and still use it today with my current system.

2 Likes

Audioquest publish a lot of blurb about their cables, but they do not publish basic specifications which would help to make a decision about whether it might be a good match for a Naim amp. Your Supernait will not explode if you use it, and there’s certainly no harm in trying it, although on paper a longer cable with known compatibility of capacitance and inductance might be a better match.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply’s, when the amp arrives I will try and see, I will have it for two weeks to decide if I like it or not.

Don‘t underestimate the power of good speaker cables. When investing in a machine like the supernait some more cash on excellent / matching speaker cables can boost the performance significantly.

1 Like

You may have seen this (?) in the FAQs listed on the Forum (look under the drop downs).

I think you should be OK, as the Focals are an easy drive and the RH cables don’t look to be platted like some cables, which increases the capacitance. After a few days of warm up, give the volume some beans for say 10mins and see if the SN3 is warm/hot to the touch.

Speaker Cable for Naim power amplifiers - Frequently Asked Questions - Naim Audio - Community

2 Likes

If you’re unsure why not just get hold of some NAC A5? - the cables that the SN3 was designed to work with.

5 Likes

Totally agree. NAC A5 is the way to go. It’s good vfm and works. I generally never think about speaker cable since owning it. Until I get reminded like now :blush:

2 Likes

From other forum member posts and my own experience with SN2 and SN3 i dont think the SN’s are as sensitive to speaker cable matching as the Naim separate Power Amps are.

I use 3m Chord Epic X cable on my SN2 and 3m Chord Signature Reference cable previously on the SN2 and now on the SN3 with no problems whatsoever, they both sound really good with the obvious SQ improvement that the Signature References add.

Im running Dynaudio Audience 72SE speakers on the SN2 and Focal Electra 1038 Be on the SN3.

1 Like

+1 for WH Phantom

2 Likes

No problem if that’s what you like and don’t want to change.
Supernait 3 here and I use Kudos KS-1 at 3 metre lengths and no probs in fact this cable is superb I was very sceptical about its diminutive dimensions but was gobsmacked with the results. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Did the Kudos replace NAC A5 out of interest?

1 Like

Thanks.

It’s the only cables I have on my system, they were expensive. If needed I could buy Naim cables in the future, but for now I will have to use the ones I own for a while.

1 Like

I would ask your dealer what he thinks, and get him to bring a pair of A5 when he installs the amp. He should be happy to let you borrow the A5 and advise on any risk using what you have.

1 Like

@Mr.M
Hi
It replace Linn K400 split to two core I’d been using for nearly thirty years and couldn’t find anything better until now.
I was very surprised. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Has anyone compared Witch Hat Phantom with Kudos KS-1 cables?

@sonwleo
Use what you have if you like it not broken don’t fix it.
I had to try something for my own interest as it had been well recommended to me.
I’m so glad I tried and didn’t miss out.
It defies physics for the size. :thinking: :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks, it’s a curiosity I should investigate myself some time.

1 Like

Hi @sonwleo

I used Supra Sword with my SN3 and then changed to WH Phantom and I had/have no problems with either.

1 Like

I think there has been a thread specifically on this previously @Dan_M although I can’t remember it’s specific title sorry.
From memory lots of fans of both cables but no obvious or specific winner. I remember it as I keep thinking about trying some KS-1 cables myself. The fact it’s skinny and bendy is definitely appealing compared to my old NAC A5

1 Like