Supernait 3 upgrade options

exactly all about the sound

Yep!

Nobody is forced to join the cult. It’s fairly expensive to climb the ladder but Naim is very clear about their strategy. Naim has nothing to gain by completely redesigning their amps by discarding everything that gave them their character. Plenty of hifi brands to choose from that have internal or switch mode power supplies. Not sure what you want.

1 Like

Well the ND555 is exactly for you.

1 Like

If someone due to there particular usage had requirements Yes Naim had the solution at hand
purchase a separate power supply, it was supposed to be simple and in line with Naim guide lines. Weather or not something is under specified - not quite sufficient -a little short- marginal etc, the list is endless i went for a technical term.
Unfortunately the term or argument has no clarity as the very same supply used with a mostly 8ohm spk with 92db sensitivity could be classified as over specified and with a
spk that drops to 2.5ohm with 84 db sensitivity be under specified.
However i was looking to get the OP to consider there could be various alternatives to
improve his system. I do not come on to recommend equipment selections it is not my
interest and would be silly to do so on a Forum with so much capability.

Glad to see you could freely voice your opinion.

I quoted Richard’s
(and I have never claimed that I can’t voice mine)

1 Like

Was referring to the Burn in Debate, Sukydo sorry it is my personal term.

I know you did. I’m just saying that my post quoted Richard’s opinion

ha, exactly not

Ciao @anon4489532 i totally agree with you. If I can add my 5 cents I consider it a beautiful amp and I consider it fully oversized in term of construction, in my point of view it is state of the art. Of course improving the ps is always a good suggestion so adding hcdr is for sure an improvement to the existing ps which is, by the way, an incredibly good and oversized psu.
It is a nonsense arguing about the power reserve of a psu relying on a 400va toroidal transormer for 90w amp.
I deserve an enormous respect for Steve sells and his implementations; and repeating myself I consider them state of the art

2 Likes

Having been the proud owner of a SN3 for all of three days, I’ll throw my hat in here :wink:

Three days in and sounding great. In three weeks, it will likely sound better. I know that a HCDR will raise the bar.

That said, it has allowed me the opportunity to truly appreciate what good value my Atom is. In a way, yet another thing to be grateful for.

My point is, I’m happy, I’m loving what I have and what it gives me with a promise of more to come when I’m ready. Way more positives there than wondering what I’m missing out on.

Just do what brings you happiness, life is too short to spend over analyzing that which could be resolved quickly and decisively.

YMMV
ATB

9 Likes

I am making my replies in order of intelligence you will be informed in due course.
Please be aware this may or may not happen.

1 Like

Instead of posting a snarky reply, a simple answer here would suffice. At least you seem to be consistently evasive.

1 Like

I think enough of the handbags chaps. Courtesy costs nothing. If you wish to continue this please do it elsewhere.

You can delete @nitrous - click the ellipsis then click the bin/delete icon.

2 Likes

I don’t understand your question - all i have ever done is repeat what Naim says.
Produce the text that says i believe external supplies can not benefit if you need one.
(And why do you object if i answer Richard D. first?)

The question is simply this: Have you tried or listened to any of the products that you describe as poorly specified and deficient?

I refer only to your post above. If has not been edited, then you can read it for yourself.

At no point have I objected to the order in which you choose to reply (or not). I do not understand why you infer that I have.

The threads getting a little noisy of late but harking bak a few days to @Gracie.1 ’s last post.

“I’m scheduled to have my dealer reterminate my NAC A5 into biwire and Deep-Cryo’d.“

I hope this is actually referring to an F connection at the speaker end rather than actual biwire all the way from the amp. I can’t comment on deep cryo’d, it’s not something Naim in the UK go in for but it seems popular in the US.

1 Like

I think it’s time to leave it now. Thanks.