Supernait2 with B&W804D3

Hello to all,
now I have the Supernait 2 + Hicap Dr with B&W 804 N,
Do you recommended B & W804 D3 ???
do you know if there are many differences between the 2 speakers?
thanks for the answers

Hi.

I don’t know either speaker personally, but if it helps, the SN3 seems to go fantastic with the B&W 802 D3:

So, considering the SN3 improvement over SN2 seems clearly much more incremental than that of the SN2 over the SN1, and that B&W 802 D3 play in a superior league than 804 D3, room issues and rest of the chain apart, at least by amplifier will not be.

Cheers.

1 Like

Wow the 802? That’s incredibile, with only 80 watt…?

I am running 252/SCDR/250DR into 804D3. Great combination and 804s are also very revealing like big brother.

1 Like

Hi.

Personally I have set up the SN2, I had rather, with ProAc K6, and…, what can I say, a marvel, and IMHO, more than enough…

Cheers.

Okso, if you drive them with 250, can you also drive with my SN2 well? I think 804N to 804D3 is a nice improvement, isn’t it?

Sorry for my english, i’m form Italy :joy:

I have recently upgraded to 252/SCDR/300DR and 804D3. The speakers are to my ears excellent.

2 Likes

B and W 800 series speakers are pretty unforgiving with “modest” power amps. Even Naim! They are just power hungry. When I quizzed my dealer on how low to go on an 802 D3 his cut off was a 250 DR. All relative I suggest. Home demo for a real proper evaluation and not just for a couple of days either
Douglas.

1 Like

I have had the 804s and enjoyed it greatly , I listened to some 804d and they were substantially better in clarity and sounded much bigger speakers .

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.