Supplied cable?

Just got a new ND5 XS2 streamer. The supplied DIN cable is a light grey sheathed, non-branded, cable with a simple numeric cable label that looks more suited to a development item. Is this correct? I would have expected the supplied interconnects would have bit a bit more swish and certainly Naim branded?

Ah yes! This is Naim’s lavender/grey interconnect. Don’t let its modest looks fool you - it’s excellent! The little band on it indicates direction (banded end closest to source of the signal) and the number refers to the person at Naim who assembled and soldered the cable.

6 Likes

Thanks…

I always felt that one of the great things about owning Naim was that all the hassle of cables was taken away. All the work has been done for you and Naim supply/sell the best cables for their equipment. When one moves away that hassle comes back with a vengeance!

3 Likes

I may have to do the same, if it is on the right way now that’s down to pot luck! :slightly_smiling_face:

Obviously no eye for subtle British understatement. :smile:

I just checked mine and it is indeed the right way round :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.