Support availability

Good to hear much of the traffic is for other reasons(not issues).
This then suggests that internal system needs to be able to route or stream these enquires better, so customers with issues are not delayed excessively by other queries.
It would be a shame if tech support got a bad reputation due to non related matters.

Another example is a query raised on here about wobbly power sockets. They asked Naim when ten seconds on Google would have provided the answer. People seem unable to help themselves sometimes and this sort of unnecessary question just clogs things up at the factory.

1 Like

My apologies.

I didn’t realise that you were simply asking Naim to lead you through the process of returning your equipment to the factory.

Nevertheless, I’m somewhat surprised that there isn’t a reasonably convenient Naim retailer in Sweden whom you could have contacted and who should have been able to guide you.

Here in the UK, I think there are very, very few authorised Naim Repair Centres. I am only aware of one! If we don’t use him, we have to arrange delivery to Naim and return from Naim through an authorised retailer. However, many of these retailers can often sort out minor issues themselves.

Like most things with the naim website informations are not easy to find, but Sweeden seems to have both a distributor and some dealers:
Naim Audio Retailers | Find a Naim Retailer | Find a Distributor

Of course. But you cannot talk about product questions/issues related to say a 7 year old Naim product with a reseller that never sold you the product. No one buy second hand Naim with expired warranty here from private persons? :man_shrugging:

I know from reality that Swedish distributor is rather picky on this specifically if you have a unit sold in another country. Distributors and reseller care a lot about you and your questions if they have sold you the specific unit. Otherwise not so much and that’s where Naim enter with (great) support.

I feel for you as it sounds like you’re on your own a bit.

Here in England it’s definitely better but is still dependent on your location. For me it’s not possible to service or repair my hifi locally so it has to go straight back to Naim, which is fine as dealers are decent and Naim are too. However, it sounds like you just need to find a solid route back to Naim (or even a dealer willing to help).

Best of luck anyway and do use the forum as it’s a decent resource.

Sorry but I’m not having issues with my products (right now). I’ve just emailed Naim to confirm my XPSDR was handled by them and didn’t get a response (got it today with help from Clare). The rest of this thread went bit off topic even though it’s good to understand we might face different realities depending on where we live :slightly_smiling_face:

I was quite critical of the Naim website in the past, but one has to be fair and say that there is a “Find a retailer” link right there, top right on the home page :slight_smile:

Sure. I got that from your posts but sounds like it might not be so easy if you do have trouble.

Glad you got the info you wanted and a bit more in this thread :wink:

I am in Germany. I have been my dealer’s customer for more than a decade, so they know my face, but until this year I never spent much and there were several years in-between where I did not go there.

However, whenever I needed something regarding Naim, including with second-hand stuff, they were happy to help, advise, or arrange a service. When I sent some other people I know to the dealer. to get their stuff serviced, it was the same.

On some occasions my friends had quite old gear and the dealer advised to get in touch directly with the German distributor, Music Line.

I am very surprised that it would be different in Sweden. After all, Naim requires that service items go through authorized Naim dealers, so obviously it must be the dealers’ obligation to accept them. And why a dealer would not want to offer good service to a potential new customer who might be willing to pay Naim prices, I do not know.

Not sure why the Naim dealer would not be interested in talking to you having bought a product ‘off network’ (so to speak).

When you contact the dealer you become a ‘prospect’ and a good dealer will jump at the opportunity of any excuse to try and build a relationship with you. Advice/help with your 30yr old NAC72 now could be the opening for a shiny new (or ex-dem or trade-in) NAC 252 later (or at least a hi-line!).

Customer satisfaction breeds long term loyalty breeds additional revenues (if not from you then those friends/relatives with whom you’ve waxed enthusiastically about your hifi/experience). I can’t believe that Naim doesn’t impart this wisdom during dealer training :wink:

I also wouldn’t be surprised if the dealer gets a payment for handling the Naim returns process and customer interface to make it worth their while. Presumably it is cheaper for Naim to outsource this to the dealer.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.