Swapping systems between rooms

Fraim Lite has arrived. I probably won’t have time for an erection until Thursday :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Have fun with your erection, least you’ll have plenty of time to think about. :grin:

3 Likes

Fraim Lite up and running. Okay, so, it really is like a box upgrade. Very happy.

11 Likes

Looks very smart :+1:t2:

1 Like

Well done Mike :+1:
Could you post another picture for the entire room?

Interesting thread. I moved my main hi-fi from living room to bedroom 4 years ago. More flexibility in positioning speakers and possibility of more room treatment has turned out to be more important than having a bigger room.

1 Like

Here’s a panorama sweetie:

5 Likes

We all told you so…:grin:

1 Like

Nice. :+1:

1 Like

Will you put the glass shelves?

1 Like

Ah ok, first time I hear about that. Maybe he is right. You could try just one under a power supply and see what it gives?

1 Like

Mike, I suggest you transform your dedicated room with some treatment, like here. Found the pics on Mono and Stereo. It represents the perfect listening room in South Asia.
So sweat!! Don’t you think, sweetie?

2 Likes

I think that would result in a divorce!

2 Likes

Any news @Mike_S ?
:chicken:

We are flying in the SAS military guys to rescue him😉

? Rescue him? Is he swimming among sharks ?

1 Like

I’ve taken up an opportunity of a 2013 NAC 252 with a Olive SC that was recapped and DR’d in 2018, so I’m grabbing that along with a new NAP 250, which should set me up nicely as an end system. Lots to look forward to.

I’m also adding one full Fraim level for the rack that I’ll have the NDX2 on.

Only room change was sealing the gaps in the door, which I had to do twice as they wouldn’t shut and I had to replace a broken handle (which I hadn’t fixed for 15 years!).

Still thinking about bass panels behind the speakers and an acoustic panel on the wall behind the couch. New curtains are on order for the external and two internal windows. I might also get a TV cover,

So, it’s all coming together nicely,

7 Likes

Nice one Mike…the 252dr and 250 are a great combo, sure you will be happy.

2 Likes

That is a cracking system you are assembling there, Mike.

Didn’t realise it was possible to DR an Olive SC. You learn something new every day.

1 Like

Steve

Jul '19

The ‘SuperCap’ is the first version and comes in the Olive casework which does not match the 252. The ‘SuperCap 2’ is the first version to match the 252 in the classic series casing. The ‘SuperCap DR’ is the latest version with DR technology.

I am confused now

Are you sure it’s olive supercap, not supercap 2, @Mike_S ?

1 Like