Synergistic Research blue 13A plug fuse

The fuse fails when the heat rise due to the current passing exceeds the melting point of the fuse material - and so will vary with fuse material and physical structure (primarily wire diameter). Resistance will vary with different fuse material and wire diameter, as will melting temperature, but resistance and melting temperature are unrelated between different materials.

However you’re right that I assume we are agreed that something in the wonder fuse could only lessen losses that happens with other fuses, not actually add anything.

IIRC from the previous thread (old forum I think), the claimed effect described by pseudoscience is said to be due to a graphene coating…

What do you think happens to the returned items? If the retailer doesn’t re-sell, then likelihood is that they’re sent back to the manufacturer …who repackages for resale, so the retailer guaranteeing not a return most likely simply means they are not selling one as returned direct to them. (Unless, that is, the fuses only cost a negligible amount to make, like regular fuses, and so genuinely thrown away if returned.)

They won’t be sent back to the manufacturer. Most likely the 30 day trial is an initiative run by the importer, who has the critical mass to absorb the few returns they may come back.

I live quite close to the importers unit and there is a yellow skip out back full to the brim …:hugs::money_mouth_face:
Ahhh it’s not April 1st any more is it…

Pedropete, if you read what I said, you’ll see that I think it’s the hydra that’s the problem and not you.

Innocent_Bystander, I recently bought a fair number of cables from a shop and could fairly easily tell if they’d been used, opened or whatever. If you buy a few different items, you can see the pattern in how the different cables leave the manufacturer. Fingerprints and/or score marks on the connector, the way they’re clipped into the packaging and of course the packaging flap. When it’s brand new and untouched, it’s so obvious. When a shop offers 30/60 days money back on a cable, I find it very hard to believe that when a £300 cable comes back, it goes in some sort of sale or back to the manufacturer. They will look at it, check no obvious flaws and then back on the shelf.

There are a couple of other points I could make, but as I say, I don’t want any bad publicity for a shop.

I would have thought the fuses cost very little to produce. It’s the idea and research you’re paying them for, and of course how much can they get away with. If you had a dealer give you a demo of various upgrades without telling you what he’d changed, but he only told you ‘that change cost £x amount’, you’d think these were a bargain.

Snake oil in full effect here

2 Likes

Shame this is so flamed primarily by those not even willing to try a freebie for 30 days.

In 25 yrs of none stop Naim ownership, from CB, Olive active, to classic and now a humble Nova, nothing has made me divert from a full Naim system, well barr the Focals (but they are Naim or Naim are them) and now the SR accessories, if SR ever went into streamer/amps I’d possibly ditch Naim.

But for me at the moment Naim and SR work errr Synergistically.

Several of us are still waiting for an explanation of how they work.

It must be due to being a Quantum fuse, with a UEF / Graphene coating that has had 1,000,000 volt Quantum Treatment and a 2nd Stage Molecular realignment process… Given that that tells us nothing, it would be interesting to compare its resistance, and impedance at a range of frequencies, with a regular fuse.

1 Like

Not true, I had a serious house fire back in 2001, total claim hit £170k and I could think of a number reasons why the insurance could have quibbled but they we were excellent over the 9 months it took to get us back in to the house.

1 Like

You can’t state for all cases though. Did you cause the fire?

Are you prepared to underwrite any fires caused by non BS fuses?

I am new to this forum but have plenty of other forum experience and I can see an argumentative person from afar. I never stated all insurance companies are great, I like to leave sweeping statements to others like you. As for your questions, well they too daft to warrant a reply however I will make you happy by leaving the last word on insurance companies to you, you clearly know a lot more than I ever will

3 Likes

Well manners for a start. I would not join a forum and then go picking an argument with one of the members on my first post.
:rage::rooster:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.