System Automation ND5XS2 - Uniti Legacy

Hi Everyone.
I am temporarily moving things around and at the moment I have my ND5XS2 connected to my Uniti Legacy. Basically i am using the Uniti as an integrated amp in the room that I am in. I am trying to get the system automation working so that when I use the ND5XS2 to play for example from Qobuz, the Uniti will switch to the analog input I am using and control the volume via the Naim app. I know that my comms are working because I can see in the Uniti IR monitor that it is receiving the RC5 commands. But it seems that in the ND5XS2, there is no way to edit the system codes which are sent to the Uniti. The Uniti requires a RC5 System code of 20 to select its input, but the ND5XS2 is sending 16 which works for a Classic series NAIT XS3 which it was previously connected to. On another NDX Streamer I have, you can edit the system codes via the remote and screen. But the ND5XS2 does not have a remote or screen. The only options in the App are RC5 Modulation Preamp streamer input or Preamp type. I have tried all different configurations, but none seem to work correctly. Is there a backend to the ND5XS2 via the network to change the RC5 codes??
Its not a big hassle to use the remote or the app to control the volume of the uniti directly, but it would be nice to know if there is another way.
Any suggestions would e greatly appreciated.
Regards.
David.

Was wondering the same thing about putting an ND5XS2 into my SuperUniti. It would be great if they released a software update for both to tie them together.

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping more may have seen this issue and provided some input. Or maybe it is my fault trying to run old equipment with new.

Have you contacted Naim Support directly?

No not yet. Thats a good idea. I will post the answer if I get one. Thanks.

Hi There.
I got this reply from Naim support,:

The only units capable of using system automation (excluding the new products) are:
NDS, NDX, NDX 2, ND5 XS, ND5 XS2, ND 555
​These can be used with the:
NAC 112X, NAC 122X, NAC 152 XS, NAC 202, NAC 252, NAC 282, NAC 552, NAIT XS, XS2 & XS3, SuperNait 1, 2 & 3, and NAC S1 (Statement)
The Naim Uniti cannot be used with system automation, and there is no way that I am aware of, that will allow you to change the IR codes being sent from the ND5 XS2.

So I think that answers my Question.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.