System automation

Connecting IR out from my new ND555 to 552, is there a manual for which cables to use? Have searched but no luck so far…

I understand 3.5mm at streamer end, and I assume RC5 in at 552? But is mono required, or do both left and right with a stereo 3.5mm plug work?

A mono cable will suffice nothing fancy required.

1 Like

Thanks, got a rca to 3.5mm adapter, already had a mono cable w. 3.5 at both ends.

Still unclear to me if a 3.5mm stereo plug would have worked just as well. Really strange there is no info (or maybe there is?) on the Naim homepage.

Stereo does work just as well…

I think this is what you need:

1 Like

Indeed helpful guide… it’s a shame on the newer streamers they dropped back to only one automation out… I miss the dual outputs of my NDX. One used to control my CDX2 and the other my 552. Now I have to choose, and the CDX2 looses out.

Simon

As you use Roon it’s worth looking at the Logitech Harmony Hub. This is an ethernet based IR blaster which using a Roon extention allows the volume control to be enabled in Roon. I use this with my NDS/282 and find it restores the convenience of the Naim app back.

There’s also a widget which you can add to the iPad that would give you easy iPad conrtol of volume when listening to your CD player.

Richard

An update to the guide wouldn’t be a bad idea either. Anyone with a new streamer will probably be unaware of its existence.

2 Likes

Thanks trickie for the suggestion… for volume with Roon I use the Naim app on my iPad (on the Roon screen), or more often the Zigbee controller… which I love…
Mind you the new remote uses Zigbee encoded signals rather than IR encoded signals.
What I need is a remote phono lead splitter… I don’t know whether it’s a case of splicing two leads together … or they need buffering. I don’t have the leads in my bits and pieces box to experiment.

I have just connected my nd5xs with my sn2 using a 3.5mm cable between them and then I got the new option in the naim app to control volume and mute. This should be a more visible option for the customer since it is so valuable.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.