System not working after shifting house

Hi sorry if this is in the wrong area. But this is my first post… I and wondering if anyone can help with some advise.
I have just re-set up my system in our new house (just down the road from the old one) and it’s not working, and I’m wondering if there are issues with shifting systems?
I can hear the speakers pop when the amp is turned on but I have no sound. I have tried playing a record, streaming tidal, streaming music from my core. But nothing comes out the speakers. The app works fine, I can see the 272 the NDX 2 and the core. They seem to work to the amp. They handled the trip across the Tasman from New Zealand to Australia 3 yrs ago. But this shift was just down the road and I shifted all components myself very carefully. The cabling seems pretty basic, I’m using the Naim cabling that was supplied and I’m not sure how I could stuff that up… Any help would be much appreciated. I was thinking there maybe a fuse that sometimes blows or something, but over the last 8years I’ve had the 272 and the 300DR I’ve not had any issues? I think it is something within the 272? I have a roon server too but haven’t set that up as yet.

Do you hear anything if you plug headphones into the headphone socket?

1 Like

Are you absolutely sure that you’ve connected all the cabling correctly? I always take photos and/or label the connections before dismantling.

1 Like

I have 272 and 300. When I have had no sound, it has been mute engaged on 272 front panel or the input connections of the 300 have been crossed.

2 Likes

That sounds very likely. Usually the cause of a loss of sound when a 300 is involved.

1 Like

As others have said are the cables crossed. Just checked my 300 cables if facing the back of the 300 amps red band on the 300 interconnect is on the right input

1 Like

I was thinking it might just be that the 272 got muted. Easy to check anyway. Just touch the logo on the front panel.

Best

David

1 Like

It’s 99% certain that it’s the din to XLR cables. It doesn’t matter which of the two sockets you use at the 272 end, but the one with the green band must connect to input 1 on the 300. Make sure also that the burndies are connected correctly.

1 Like

You went the wrong way!

3 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t have headphones with that size plug. But will get an adapter
tomorrow and try.

Bloody Legend! I didn’t realise that the output cables had a red and a green. And had them the wrong way around. I must have been lucky that last time I hooked it up. So happy thanks!

5 Likes

Haha I wouldn’t mind being back your side at the moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

A good reminder to remember for the handed DIN-XLR cables; Red = Right (Ch2)

3 Likes

All’s well, that ends well :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.