System Pics 2019

what is the component on top, at the left of the rp10?

you should have added JMHO and YMMV, to point some humility…

3 Likes

Overview of musical gadgets

10 Likes

Oppo 105 - universal disk player. Use it for playing back BluRays, SuperAudio CDs - multi-channel into Yamaha and occasionally as a digital transport into NDX

2 Likes

31 Likes

O

Some Kudos with friends…

39 Likes

Yeah that sometimes happens in the new forum that you are by accident within another post…

I wanted one of those, and then I sat in one. Totally uncomfortable, to me, to lounge in and watch TV. I felt more like I was lying in a dentist’s chair than anything else. So instead I got a Stressless brand chair; it’s wonderful.

2 Likes

I’d like one of these, but the funds got diverted into a new NDX2/SN2 that’s on it’s way👍

1 Like

very nice system. Just one question: why naim components on the floor?

awesome! very nice! specially the Kudos and the room.

Great speakers, Jonas. Looks like you’re using proper speaker cable too (the glisten tells me all I need to know :wink:).

Welcome to the Forum.

Welcome back!

1 Like

@anon4489532 - nice to see you here on the new forum, HH

Good to see you back regardless if the reasons why.

I can only speak for myself (and I guess this keeps us as OT as others have taken us) but my observations re: the reviewers rooms were from the perspective (and to some extent this is undoubtedly true of other posts also) that when one reads a review there’s an obsession with detail and multiple assumptions about the context in which they’re listening. As assumption if you like that a reviewer has the advantage of wider choice over components and if not an ideal room then something close to it. There’s also an assumption of a certain amount of taste.

To then see some reviewers rooms is to have ones eyes opened to the extent to which they fail to declare multiple issues with their listening spaces which must impact their conclusions on the products themselves.

In other words, if your going to tell me product a is “better” or more suited to my needs than product b it’s basically lying if you don’t fess up to the less than ideal listening space and recognise that may have different impacts on the performance of each product specifically in that space.

Beyond that, yellow blinds. There is no excuse :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks great Jonas! The gloss white 808’s are fab:+1::sunglasses:

Eoin, the 500 unDRed part exchanged with my 300DR was less than the cost of DRing it. It must have been one of the first made judging by its date. It looks like new apart from a few blemishes on the edges on very close inspection. It was serviced just over 2 years ago.

It was the stable mate of a 2003 552 serviced but not DRed at the same time.

It’s been quick to make music better than the 252/300. Just hope it only gets better.Susanne Vega’s debut on vinyl sounds just right now (it was a bit thin before).

Phil

38 Likes

The old tuners do look good. Nice setup Dave.

12 Likes

Bet you didn’t get the flight cases.