System Pics 2019

Originaly I had NDX and SN2. Later on I bought XPS DR and it was significant improvement. I expect it will be the same with NDX2. But biggest step up was now with new speakers. I am sure SN2 is great amp and can drive very good speakers. My next upgrade will be probably PS 555DR for my NDS.

3 Likes

Thanks for the great feedback, most helpful.

Looks great. You can always try naim glass and balls, quadraspire q plus for more isolation without adding rack

Hi Mike, thought the XPSDR was really good, at least got you to within 70% of what a 555ps did at half the cost.

2 Likes

Thanks Gazza, I remember you posting something along those lines. It will have to wait a while at this stage, I’ve returned to being self employed and need to get placed for retirement too over the next 3 to 5 years. Though buying whilst working will be easier :sunglasses: From reviews, it doesn’t seem like a PS for the SN2 does a lot, so going with one (if any) for the NDX2 seems the best bet?

New sofa

37 Likes

Auction one?

2 Likes

Snap gotta be the Naim auction one? Nice reminder of a great day out last year, my the time flies.

3 Likes

Indeed it is one of the 2

4 Likes

Wow, that looks just awesome.
Congratulations.

1 Like

Works really well with the colours in the rug, very nice.

2 Likes

Good for you, Trueblue!

Brilliant. Well done @TrueBlue.

You can sit on that listening to your music imagining all of the Naim tests / demos etc of kit that the sofa has been part of over the years :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve tried Stillpoints Ultra SS under the 272 and the 250DR, and any improvement was very marginal - certainly not worth best part of £2k (which is about the same as the reference Quadraspire would cost). I’ve already tried two racks (Fraim and Isoblue) and, again, any improvements were so negligible they simply were not worth the cost, to me at any rate. For that reason I honestly can’t see any point in spending anything on glass, cups and balls.

I really must have struck lucky with my setup - words really can’t express how good it sounds to my ears! Unless and until Naim come up with a replacement for the 272 that significantly improves SQ, rather than just updating the streaming element (none of which interests me, as I only ever use UPnP to stream from my UnitiServe), I’ll happily stick with what I have, and spend all my spare on music, travel and wine!

1 Like

i had the lovan rack before the fraimlite, 4 times less expensive. The fraimlite gave a little improvement.
For stillpoints subject, which use ceramic balls, i would not put them under the pre and power amp. They alter the sound. In my case, the finite elemente cerapucks, same construction as stillpoints, work best under the speakers and rack and the 555dr.

That sofa looks fabulous in situ - congratulations on the auction win!

1 Like

Finally got around to posting! :smiley:

35 Likes

Nice room, very tranquil

Depending on what is emanating from the speakers :joy:

:laughing: Very true