System Pics 2019

Which speakers do you have with your Qute? I seem to recall your mentioning Iotas, but that may be wishful thinking. As you say, it’s like the big system but smaller. Despite having the Iotas the Naiminess still shines through.

1 Like

Lovely rack!

surely you can’t be done…

I auditioned Iotas and some pretty small Totems. I bought Dynaudio X12’s and still have 'em years later. They gave me the next level – more/better bass (they are still small speakers of course), and more coherent musicality. Dynaudio has a few generations past these now, but I’m ok with these. They’re on Dynaudio’s black stands.

1 Like

Ah yes, I remember now. What drew me to the Iotas is their tiny size and the fact they can go on the wall. They lack bass extension obviously, but get to the heart of the music, which is what I was after.

Thanks Richard :grinning:

Thanks Dave and Ardbeg! Here’s a few other shots…

72 Likes

I spy a very nice Chris Harban plinth!

nice and impressive!

Thanks guys :grinning:

@Bart those came out nicely. I like the black dowels.

I’m now thinking about getting a customized Tretina unit. Similar to the attached picture, but would also be black ash and with shorter legs on it to match the base height of my Fraim.

15 Likes

Excellent little machine, but I was blown away by the improvement when I swapped my UQ2 out for an Atom (both playing through the same Neat Iotas).

1 Like

Wow! I love every angle on your set-up @varyat

2 Likes

The Dynaudios are nice (a friend of mine has had a pair for years) but at getting on for twice the size and weight of the Iotas, any comparison or critique would be pretty meaningless. In the space available to me, the Iotas had no competition For their size the bass extension I find pretty amazing.

The UQ2 into Allaes is rather good too.

1 Like

Lovely! And is that the old Maxell ad poster I spy on the floor?

Indeed - but I had the space, so getting more speaker worked out. I could even do small floorstanders, but at this point no motivation to lose the X12’s.

Wow…looks like a wonderful place to relax :+1:

1 Like

Great set-up.

I would love to hear your comments on the Dohmann turntable in comparison to the Sondek.

Best regards

Hans

I have a Qute with X14 and previously had Totem Mites with the Qute. It is a great little system that like yours gets used a good bit. Those little Dyns are nice speakers. Curious about Evoke 10 but no hurry to rush out and buy a pair.

Your system looks amazing and beautifully set out!

1 Like