System Pics 2019

So how much of the lettering on the Meridian 200 is still there?

Mine has lost most of the left side, but the right is OK.

OTOH, the buttons are a bit sticky following a direct hit from the rear end of…hmmm, perhaps we should we should draw a veil over that incident (miaow):grinning:

14 Likes

Nice looking Kantas.

Thanks they sound much better than they look :grinning:

1 Like

Following Clive’s directions, this is a test of uploading pictures

Hmmm. Seems to work.:grinning:

7 Likes

It looks like you’ve solved the puzzle. BTW I’m not Bob. That was an example of my humour. I’ll be on my way!

1 Like

Richard, this Garrard 401 was restored over 10 years ago by Martina Schöner and Loricraft. Quoting Martina, they all (Garrads) have punch, but to bring out the details which the Aro and the Lyra Skala (a perfect match resonance-wise) can produce…this is the expensive part. So there are 14 existing 301/401 Garrads worldwide restored in this manner - with the goal to reduce resonance, allowing the fine sonic details come through. Martina calls these Modells 401 or 301 TR, as Transcription Reference. Lots of these features were also used in the Garrard 501. Now there is the mighty l´Art du Son TR Turntabel - well out of my budget - which I would really like to hear sometimes.
BTW, colours are dark red (plint), jaguar metallic red (top plate) and creme white (chassis).
In the future, after home-demo - and possible purchase of a 500DR in the next weeks, I will be discussing with Martina changing the Aro to a Origin Live Enterprise Tonearm with a Lyra Etna (either SL or regular Etna with the superline-model with less gain). But I’m really worried to loose something the Aro can bring to the party…

Regards, and Richard, please move this to a new thread if this would be appropriate

4 Likes

Thanks jodl, it does look very special.

By the way, what material did you pick for the Aro armboard - yours looks more matte in finish compared to my own - and did you lose the Loricraft spacer for the Aro armrest?

Here is my system from around 4 years ago

1 Like

I like the look of those Kantas too, how are they sounding being so close to the wall?

Gary

About time for some DBLs :yum:

17 Likes

Richard, the armboard is a highly anti-resonant and very lightweight compound (painted white) - also used for the pucks under the Turntable feet. As for the armrest, it came like this, and I didn’t allow Martina to change anything as this deck sounded so good from the start…
Last March Martina took the Garrard apart and did a service, including installing a new Lyra Skala (I think it is a pity they are not produced anymore).

1 Like

Absolutely, Jonn, about time! They look and sound, I guess, fabulous! May I ask how you drive them?

My wife said she would like a view like that for when we move following retirement. I replied that I agreed wholeheartedly with her. Took her a few seconds to catch on…

2 Likes

3x500. DRs would be nice but too much @ £15k. But they sound fine as they are despite the glass behind the curtains.

Thanks for the tip, I will keep my enthusiasm under control.

I am sure these active DBLs sound terrific!
Rooms are unfathomable sound wise to me. I have heard really good sounding stereo systems in sonically averse surroundings. Maybe they would sound different or better in ideal rooms, non the less they sound great and give lots of listening-pleasure.

Antz,sorry mine are the now discontinued T88.

Love to be able to post pics so easily. First pic is current system. My Wife has a two level rule, because of the view with the shades open. So my 2019 upgrades are pretty limited.

Bailyhill

20 Likes

Naimsystem

This is my Naim System. I know the Verdier on the Fraim is sub optimal but it sounds great and I have left well enough alone. I have since moved the CD555 to the upper shelf below the Verdier motor, and have the 552 below it. Also, I have now moved the Superline to the top shelf adjacent to the motor and away from the SupercapDR which sits just below it in this picture.

KleosSL

This is the KleosSL on the Moerch 12" Transcriptor arm. The accessory strobe goes well with the Verdier and is cool.

I could never make these photos post successfully on the old forum.

17 Likes