System Pics 2019

Had this problem with my HCDR turning purple, my dealer replaced the front panel on the spot.

New Hana SL

6 Likes

No big changes except a new cartridge. Ortofon Quintet Blue and Stageline K :blush:
Huge improvement compared to the Moving Magnet used before (2M Blue). I’m rediscovering the record collection :grin:

23 Likes

hi

congratulations !

how many hours has the SL run ?

how does it sound as compared to your earlier cartridge ?

regards

I’ve got the Quitet Black S, amazing cartridges.

The lack of surface noise makes most records sound new again! Incredible, although expensive.

1 Like

Reel Naim

41 Likes

Reel to reel decks are just the absolute sexiest hi-fii gear ever.

9 Likes

I used to have a TEAC 4 track, and a Revox B77…lush machines

2 Likes

I felt like crying - getting rid of my Revox A77 this year - bought new in 1978 - 40 years !!??

Very nice indeed!

2 Likes

They are indeed, but why?

For some of us the attraction started when we were children. Our fathers brought these amazing machines home, and they seemed like mad scientists making these things play. Try figuring out how to get one of those to go when you are 10. And then you have the looks…. they are so grand and imposing, the reels look like race car wheels especially when they are anodized in bright colours, they sounded so good…oh and there is lots of knobs and gauges, it’s a boys dream :grinning:

5 Likes

Thank you, Richard!
It has been just fully serviced.

Yeah, baby!

Thank you all for your likes…

have been working on placing 2 diffusers on my front wall

used a mirror - found out the 1st reflection zone and placed the diffusers here…

I plan to increase the depth of the wooden frame holding the painting to 4 inches - this will create a cavity behind the canvas and i plan to use Nankarrow Geowwool to stuff…

this will happen over the weekend…

meanwhile… bouquets and brickbats welcome…:grin:

6 Likes

So analog, yet so tech.

1 Like

Great looking machine IvoB. How does it compare to your other sources sound wise?

Two months in and settling in nicely. No upgrades, but we got some new furniture this week, so I’ve managed to get the speakers further apart. Sounding really good now, sounds just sits there in the soundscape :clap::notes::sunglasses:

41 Likes

Nice! what have you got under your speakers mike? I have the same issue with spikes & a timber floor

1 Like

The speakers have a pair of rubber domes at the back and an adjustable brass dome at the front. They are just sitting on offcuts from our kitchen Lino to protect the floor.

1 Like