System Pics 2019

Bonjour,
Talk about coming to life…mine are so full of life I think shooting them with a shotgun would be my best option at this stage. Wonderful speakers inherently, but they just don’t get along in my room. Frustration level is off the charts! BTW, I also think they are more expressive with my Jadis amp and preamp than with the SN2. Will keep cogitating on home demo options to find a suitable association for the Naim.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m aware of the difficulty of the task at hand which is probably why I’m stalling so much…

Sounds familiar!

Nice system…i have the 25.26, very nice indeed. I listened at a PMC demo to the new Fact 12 SE…yes even better, but not worth £15k imo. 25.26 is a bargain by comparison.

lovely floor. lovely room. lovely speaker.

I’m preferring the 25.26’s over Focal Sopra 2, B&W 804d3, & 803d3. Just wondering if 805d3 in Prestige finish is one last contender to try. I’d happily stick with the PMC’s - they’re a banker!

1 Like

Love those Royds. Back in the day Royd and Naim were to many a match made in heaven. Pretty hard to find down here back then.

1 Like

I’d suggest that @Pete_the_painter sets the display on the 272 to off, rather than the time, to save it burning out and needing an expensive repair.

2 Likes

Thanks @anon4489532 didn’t know you could. Travelling around France at present will do as soon as I get home. :grinning:

Yep they still sound good through countless upgrades however I am thinking of upgrading to the Nest SX7i later this year.

Tweeters only model?

G

2 Likes

No don’t think so

@Richard.Dane what was that about ?

I removed a commercial link to another manufacturers website. As per forum rules, Naim ask that these are not posted here in the Hifi Corner unless authorised to do so.

No they’re the SX7i, I’d send you a link but I’ll end up in purgatory. :thinking:

These ones still tempt me :yum:
Two times I was close to purchase a pair.

1 Like

Sorry, unintentionally.

1 Like

I suppose this constitutes a fourth system, or maybe it’s a fifth.

It was in my wife’s aunt’s flat and came my way after she died. It had been unused for decades and sounded horrible at first, I thought the cone surrounds has disintegrated but with a bit of use the farting bass disappeared, presumable some capacitors reforming after years with no voltage.
Not much use for shortwave but the FM is good on it.

I remember my uncle had a Yachtboy in his shed and as a child being impressed by the sound of it, though he mainly used it for the cricket.

6 Likes

What camera did you use to take those photos? I wish I could take photos like that! Congratulations as well on owning such a lovely system. Dave

Sorry I’ve only just re read my post, very funny :grin:. Shouldn’t walk and type at the same time.

1 Like