System Pics 2019

sorbothane feet is under ikea cutting boards at my turntable

I have tested different pillows and platforms under my turntable and sorbotan feet are best.
I have also tested Avid’s original platform which makes a lift but IKEA’s cutting boards together with the sorbotan feet are the best solution

Are those the Ikea bamboo cutting boards?

I’ve got some new boxes since my last system pic a couple of months back - running in a shiny new 552 and 300DR. Playing some jazz courtesy of Marcin Wasilewski Trio on the NDX2 and sounding wonderful :grinning:

29 Likes

Looking good, Bongoman

1 Like

@bongoman - nice set up. I see you’ve got the SVT bronze spike upgrade under your 552 head unit. That’s definitely the best option but I found that bronze spike upgrade also gives a nice improvement under the 552PS, if you can put an additional set at the top of the brawn stack.

1 Like

Thanks @MDS I’m planning on getting another bronze upgrade for the brawn rack when funds allow. I currently have the 300 head unit on top of the brawn rack (then 552DR, 555PSDR and 300DR on the bottom).

I initially had 552DR on top with the 300 head unit under the NDX2 on the brain rack but the sound was just off. It was possibly due to the 300 burndies & DIN-XLRs interfering with the SL interconnect and ethernet cables. I will try pulling the racks out from the wall a bit further to give more clearance.

The good thing about black is, yes it stick out, but on the other hand, it goes with anything.

1 Like

Recently miss my CD collection so I added a CD player/ DAC which is a Creek 50CD.

4 Likes

Yes they are. I’ve done edge cutting

New speaker day for me (Russell K Red 150s)! Running in very nicely, although they’re quite a bit larger than I thought they would be.

24 Likes

Is it a safe box, on the right shelf ?

Yep. It’s where I keep my biscuits.

10 Likes

:joy:

Very well hidden…:slight_smile:

1 Like

i would not mix money with hifi hobby personally. But just me…

1 Like

My experience is that they’re mutually exclusive, you can have money or a hifi habit.

11 Likes

money is vulgar, hi-fi is spiritual…

6 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

12 Likes