System Pics 2019

For routing I use TP Link Archer C3150 MU-MIMO. Yes, I’m with Ziggo (medium subscription package), the Ziggo modem (cisco) has been turned to the “bridge mode”

1 Like

I wish I had space for some of the sound systems pictured above but the mu-so is still great.

16 Likes

Nice to see someone else who still uses Windows Media Centre, do you use it for TV?

I have used MCE since the XP days once setup it’s a great PVR and now run this on Windows 10 with the usual hack.

Yes, I use it for Tv. It’s a shame they’ve removed it from Windows 10 as it works really well. I did try it on Windows 10 using the hack when Windows 10 first got released but it stopped working after an update so I gave up and went back to 7 which has been (touch wood) very reliable so I plan to keep it as long as possible.

2 Likes

Yeah the two annual updates wipe MCE from the OS!!

My setup I stopped all updates placed the MCE in it’s own vLAN with limited access to the internet for TV guide updates and this has been flawless with regular image backups.

Out of all the PVRs MCE must have the best TV guide.

Anyway back to system pics :slight_smile:

Naim Nova
Naim Allae
Avid Diva II + SME 309 + Nagaoka MP500
Avid Hifi Pulsus
Scalander Silver Din-Rca
Atacama equinox hi fi rack
Chord Epic Reference 2x3m
Ikea bambu butcher block
Ikea Skådis
Sorbothane anti-vibration feet

18 Likes

Music and mountaineering, the perfect mix.
Tomorrow I’ll go back to the Mont Blanc massif.
3-4 days climbing and then 2 days rest with family and music.
The perfect holidays routine :smiley:

25 Likes

You definately have a problem with cables there. And they are all visible from the front too.

9 Likes

“Cables” have to be chosen with care, specially when your life depends on them :wink:

4 Likes

Trust a climber/caver to come up with a tidy speaker cable management system that avoids touching the wall or floor (making those expensive cable lifts redundant) and at close to zero cost. I like it.

3 Likes

Thomas

Thanks for the pic

I am keen to know the reasoning behind the diffusers on the front wall and the absorbers surrounding it…

did you measure the room before coming up with this arrangement ?

best regards

do the pillows help with the sound ?

regards

Where do you put your sorbethane feet? I swear by them myself

1 Like

I have a stressless office chair in my study/office - where I also store my office naim hifi system (to stay on thread :blush:) which is a unitiqute and sbls! No photos though - bomb site :grimacing:

something is missing ! you should check your equipment better ! :crazy_face::star_struck::partying_face:

I have a Nova and Allaes also, awesome combination
, the Allaes don’t get the respect they deserve.

Nick

2 Likes

Hi mpw,

Yes I did some measurements, did a lot of readings, etc… And followed Vicoustic’s advises for HiFi room treatment.

Sorry for the poorly detailed answer. I need to prepare things. Leaving tomorrow morning.

I would suggest you to check Vicoustic’s website. They give some nice advises.

Cheers!

1 Like

it was a poor humor attempt :upside_down_face:. All is so perfectly organized that nothing can’t miss. A bit « obsessionnel « perhaps, the reason for my humor attempt.

1 Like

@frenchrooster , in the UK we would call your comments towards Thomas as teasing him, a common element of British humour I would suggest. It seems that Thomas understood he was being teased about possibly being obsessional, although when preparing for mountain climbing, I am sure that is a requirement.

@Thomas, enjoy your time on Mont Blanc and stay safe!

4 Likes

i am quite sure Thomas was not felt offensed. I should perhaps use more the term « suisse :switzerland: perfection « than obsessionnel.
As you said, better be obsessionnel than dead :skull:. :rofl:

1 Like