System Pics 2019

I think my favourite system of all time was when i owned Saras with an LP12/Ittok/Asak ‘T’/ 32/Snaps/250 all brand new in 1982. Played that system to death for 3 years before selling the whole lot to a guy who drove over from Paris to London to buy it complete. I used the money to travel the US for a while taking photos as a 21 year old.

4 Likes

I heard Saras active at Heathrow show many years back in the Linn/Naim room on the end of two 110 power amps. Certainly left a lasting impression.

3 Likes

Downtown Seattle!

1 Like

Cherry is too orange, like Trump.

2 Likes

Finally built out a suitable nook to hold my new deck and phono stage… Quite remarkable how much better isolated this arrangement is. Fortunately, the work has paid off :grinning:

This is the nook in relation to the rest of my gear…

52 Likes

Nice view of the Amazon campus.

Nice view…HifI I mean …LOL

The nook and gear look fabulous!

…are you keeping the Linnon the wall stand?

we must have been in the same demo…

Oh yes, the Linn stays!

2 Likes

Very neat job! I like it.

That looks superb @varyat
Do you have a picture straight on of the other alcove with your Fraim set up?

1 Like

A very creative and neat way to position a fraim. A ‘full frontal’ photo would be appreciated too!

This little fella is just great. I’ve been working on the programme for our upcoming beer festival all morning, listening to Bach and it’s been lovely. If anyone lives near Emsworth then do come along to the festival on Friday or Saturday. You’ll find me behind the bar!

13 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying the Qute! When I listen to mine I’m pretty amazed at the value for money it provides; it’s actually true hi fi, just at a smaller scale. But totally enjoyable to listen and I listen to my little 2nd system a lot.

1 Like

@JosquinDesPrez turned me on to the folks who make these record racks here in the States. The product and people are lovely. The double wide was not in their catalog but they were happy to make it. These are FULL and I guess that means I’m done buying records. We have pretty much all of the late 60s and 70s stuff we grew up with, and a small but fair jazz library of standards. I have no strong desire to acquire more vinyl.

5 Likes

Totally agree - provided endless enjoyment when I was studying. I run them in the bedrooms, study and kitchen. In the master bedroom they drive Linn Kans - makes it difficult to get up some mornings, and they frequently lull me to sleep.

1 Like

Which speakers do you have with your Qute? I seem to recall your mentioning Iotas, but that may be wishful thinking. As you say, it’s like the big system but smaller. Despite having the Iotas the Naiminess still shines through.

1 Like

Lovely rack!

surely you can’t be done…

I auditioned Iotas and some pretty small Totems. I bought Dynaudio X12’s and still have 'em years later. They gave me the next level – more/better bass (they are still small speakers of course), and more coherent musicality. Dynaudio has a few generations past these now, but I’m ok with these. They’re on Dynaudio’s black stands.

1 Like