Don’t worry he will find you…

fcandtelescope

12 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Thanks Bart and Gary plus to all who ticked “Like” :grinning:

Cheers

Wow what a view!

I like it too but tend not to use the ‘like’ button. Cherry SL2s are lovely looking speakers, though maple ones are better!

3 Likes

One of my favourite cities although that was back in 1984.

1 Like

I come back for some time on my greatest love with the 135’s!
Linn Sara from 1982 :notes:

39 Likes

Is it now 72/hi/2x135’s, Crifo? That’s my dream I try to materialize - however they will feed SBL’s.

1 Like

Hi Ardbeg,
yes, that’s it 72 / HC / 135 with Sara.
The SBL, I love them, but active.
I think that the SBL are a little sad in passive, they lack, in my opinion, the liveliness and the happy side of Sara in this configuration.

5 Likes

My passive SBL’s sound incredible with a 500DR. Wonder if anyone has ever gone active 500’s with them :joy:

I guess that the speakers have been upgraded before that point!

Here is the center absorber panel…

37 by 28 by 8 inch thk

right behind the Lenco L75 record player…

Someone ( a friend ) i know suggested this step and i must say i am hearing even more texture in the bass

Both quantity and quality

Funny thing is i have gone by my gut feel and havent used any measurements…

I am liking the sound very much…

I have planned something for the ceiling and i hope to put that up after a couple of weeks of listening to my system in this avatar…

I am digging out my CD collection …

:grinning:

23sept19

11 Likes

Ooh - very nice! Those Saras look lovely!

3 Likes

Ran a UQ2 with Dynaudio Contour s3.4s for a while and it sounded great, really enjoyable one of Naim’s best products from the past 10 years. I’ve had a couple and used them as all in ones, as streamer/preamp and as a streamer into a 202/200 and a 282/300 and they sounded excellent and held their own in each system.

4 Likes

You should try the Sara’s active then!

I remember hearing them at a hifi show it was the Linn or Naim room, certainly with Naim application. Despite the show conditions it’s one of those systems that’s left a lasting impression on me, it was fabulous in it’s musical connection.

2 Likes

Thanks to Mr Underhill I was lucky to find a pair of SL2s and in Cherry too a perfect match for my existing Fraim.

I like cherry always have ever since my first pair of Allaes 14-15 years ago, cherry also goes well with oak furniture.

No matter what the colour Maple, Rosewood, Black or Cherry (I may have missed a colour) SL2s sound bloody marvelous.

2 Likes

Congratulations Crifo,
The first time that I heard my Linn Saras truly come alive was when Naim launched a new amplifier. I think it was called the NAP135… Loved the sheer vitality of 135s ever since.

Best regards, BF

3 Likes

I would like to hear them active!
However, after a repair, the front panel has been stuck and I can not access the filters without destroying them.
I can search another pair for active :+1:t3:

I’m not going to argue with that!

Absolutely love the slightly darker vaneers on all speakers mine are Rosewood. They always look more authentic, to me the lighter shades always remind me of pine furniture which was the reason why I never visually took to my Hutter, it was supposed to be Cherry but was very, very light and reminded me of 80’s pine furniture.

1 Like

Mine are maple but I would have preferred cherry - mind you, they look ok next to my two different shades of cherry fraim / fraimlite, which means they go well!