System Pics 2019

Welcome over G, yes picture posting is easy, maybe too easy & at the moment they can’t be edited, (size reduced)
Love the socks.

1 Like

Richard, agreed. DSD is too much of a faff. I only tried it that once out of curiosity but it was an interesting result for me nevertheless.

I don’t do any processing. If there are any pops or clicks - there are hardly any on my vinyl - they stay in the recording! I just split tracks and remove any long silence before the first track normally on the Sony D100 itself. I’m not fast enough to do the track marking ‘live’ when recording an LP so just leave it to record the whole side and then split them much more precisely afterwards.

Let’s see how this works… Photo taken some time last year, I guess.

10 Likes

Here’s my system. Its been seen before but the new forum gives me an opportunity to change my profile to the real me!. I was pixies on the old forum.

8 Likes

272/555DR/250DR/Allae/Phantom Speaker cable

Still have the Proac Tab 10 Signatures I may set these up within another system.

7 Likes

Ah ! Joan Armatrading.

I think “Willow” was my favourite track on that album.

(I’m referring to Richard’s opening post with his 2009 record collection in the foreground I haven’t figured out yet how to “Reply with Quote” or even with the whole set of photos !)

Please show more detail in the dark areas of the images, at the moment you are black cats in a coal cellar.

This will require the dark and mid tone settings to be movedto the right to reveal data in the dark areas of the picture.

Don, you can reply to an earlier post in the thread by clicking on the Reply button just under the post in question. You’ll then see a little reply icon referring to the poster to whom you’re replying appear in the top right of the reply.

If you want to quote then highlight as much or as little of the post as is appropriate and then a little “Quote” pop up will appear. Click on it and you’ll see the quoted text appear in a new reply dialog box. Then, when you’re finished with your reply, just click on the back “Reply” box.

@Richard.Dane - what’s that other tape deck under your ZX9? It looks familiar but I can’t quite place it.

It’s a Technics RS-M85 from around 1978. Not a patch on the ZX-9 performance-wise but great for winding through old cassettes.

RSM85g

8 Likes

Been about a year since last posting. Out has gone the Uniti Nova, replaced by ND555 with screen turned off, 555psu, NAC252/Supercap. Spare shelf has a Cisco 2960 switch, top right is Uniti Core. Power amp is NAP 300. Speakers not pictured remain the same PMC25.26, standard Naim cables and interconnects which includes the Hiline which comes with the ND555.

23 Likes

My system NDX/Supernait2 with HiCap DR, powerline on NDX and HiLine interconnect. Totem Sky Towers. NACA5

22 Likes

Smoooth. Love the new interface and easiness of posting pics. Great job guys!

13 Likes

OK :scream:

My system 12 months ago.

13 Likes

Richard,

Things went wrong in the above post.

Looks like I copied the ENTIRE thread ! Some people don’t like us quoting/nesting entire posts. I dread to think what they will say if we start nesting entire threads !!

Perhaps you could delete my reply, (although I will try)

A couple of shots of my set-up, regrettably with some significant compromises due to a house move last Summer:

9 Likes

As of today…

Changes during 2018 - Uniti Core; 555DR PS; Custom Design Stands and an additional shelf.

9 Likes

Don, I’ve deleted. Try to keep your quote targeted and focussed if at all possible.

Hi Gaza,

Are your power supplies DR spec?

Keith