System Pics 2019

Could you not move the speakers to underneath the picture on the wall ?

Black box end

Listening end

![IMG_0069|375x500](upload:/

/7jcLiKRIKvy7XreOUCWxWTnXCkA.jpeg)

15 Likes

This is a photo of the opposite side of the room where I listen from. The wall with the picture is broken by the kitchen, it’s open plan and opposite the kitchen is a long wall with windows. That’s the best place but it would mean my sofa and chair are in front of the kitchen threshold. Otherwise, it’s swapping the sofa and seat for the hifi but that’s an aesthetic no-no.

3 Likes

Partly a repost to check out the new forum, and partly because my latest upgrade is just as visible on this photo as it is today (ie it isn’t actually visible!) - a new Cisco 2960-8TCL.

6 Likes

)

hello, just added my system too. much easier now to post photos, specially on an ipad!

11 Likes

Keith, yes everything is DR, I was able
to get the Supercap dr, 252 and 555 dr, ex demo at the same time as the ND555. It made the cost almost bearable.

2 Likes

Yes, I see. Well you can only put it where it will fit!
Does it sound OK though?

Here’s a space waiting to be filled if ever I saw one ! A large bush comes to mind :deciduous_tree::palm_tree:

1 Like

It sounds good but used to sound great in my old place, I think busier tracks do suffer with the reflections from the kit being in the middle and the speakers not getting enough room. It took me yonks to get them into a half-decent position to lose bass-boom and for the soundstage to really open up. I’ve looked at changing the Dynaudios for speakers which are less placement fussy but everything I’ve tried (ATC/PMC/ProAc) can’t hold a candle to them and they’re 12 years old.

Love that turntable mount, where would I find that to buy?

7 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

I like the proportions of those speakers, Tesilk, they look somehow quite mighty to me.

Do we know how to put system info in our profiles yet? Can’t see a space for it when checking on my phone.

1 Like

Thanks. They are active ATC SCM50s on special stands.

Dave, there’s no separate dialog space for it, unfortunately (there was a character limitation that we couldn’t immediately shift), so best list as part off your “about me” art on your profile.

1 Like

272, XPS, AV2, CDX2 is being serviced, will add 555PS soon with fraim

Love the white RP6! Is it sitting on the Soundstyle rack directly or is there an isolator between it and the rack? Im not familiar enough with the rack to tell.

If you can swing it, you’ll be happiest with Fraim - believe me!

1 Like

Rear speakers are ATC SCM20 Actives custom made, very rare model, amplifier is under the speaker

1 Like

hello Roger,

i don’t understand. You mean the empty space between speakers ? bush, what it’s that ?