System Pics 2019

… and it’s a NAP250DR…

I would put the nap on the floor. The space looks big enough. When I had my nap and Nac stacked it sounded good but when I put the nap on the floor it sounded much better.

The room is circa 9.5’ wide and 16.5’ long, the speakers sound great but I am constrained in the house for space to locate them elsewhere. It was a concern of mine putting a large speaker into the area that I have but unfortunately I don’t have large square rooms to locate elsewhere. When I move I need to get a larger house to locate the kit lol.

I did hear the Sopra No.1’s after I purchased the No.3’s and was very impressed with their sound given their size and could easily have gone down that route and would have been happy.

1 Like

I love the way you’ve put your album covers on the wall! Where did you get the white unit from? Thanks :+1:

Thanks DJM. The unit is just from Ikea with legs added for levelling adjustment and to allow speaker cable lengths to be “snaked” neatly underneath.

1 Like

2nd 555PS turned up today. Uprated to ARC double sheet glass for the left hand side.

16 Likes

Now you have to discover where to plug it in, and where on the rack to put it.

1 Like

Anti-reflection coatings…? Or else…? Interesting, can you tel us a bit more? Thank you

1 Like

“Atacama Resonance Control (ARC) glass is a specially made laminated glass that has a dampening core that is over 50% thicker than standard”. Very heavy now, and especially with the granite plinths ontop, but works superb.

9 Likes

I have a Nova on an Atacama tv stand. Very noticeable improvement in sound quality when I used Quadraspire Reference isolation feet.

2 Likes

Thank you… :ok_hand:

1 Like

272/XPSDR/250DR have been unplugged and Qute has been put in temporary spot. The downsize is almost complete.

6 Likes

Why downsizing?

Going to put in a pool for my girls.

5 Likes

The UQ is giant killer enjoy I love mine.

3 Likes

Greater love hath no man than that he abandons his hifi system to build a pool for his girls… :flushed::grinning:

7 Likes

Simply awesome! Wonderful decision, you will have a large grin on your face with the memories of your girls in the pool while your listening to your Hi-Fi system years from now.

5 Likes

Thanks guys. My girls are young enough to get several years of enjoyment out a pool. Qute/X14 sounds very nice. I get no less enjoyment from the music with this setup compared to 272/XPSDR/250dr/Contour 30 setup. Kind of shocked honestly just how nice the lower end system holds up to the big rig.

11 Likes

Good for you!

Great system, love the vinyl on the back wall, I would be interested in knowing how you put your vinyl on the wall?