System Pics 2019

Apologies to everyone whilst @DJM and I discuss the finer points of skimmed plasterboard :wink::thinking:
Atb
Steve

3 Likes

David.

Thank you. They are S20s.

Full system in my profile but amps are 282/SC(DR)/250(DR).

Regards,

Lindsay

Thanks Lindsay for confirming that. I have a 282/300DR system and was a bit worried that the Super 20A’s wouldn’t do the 300DR justice. This morning I spoke to Kudos, and the guy who was extremely helpful, said no problem with the 300, some people even use the S20A’s with the 500!:grinning:

Regards

David

Wow! Thats a very nice living/listening room! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

David,

Yes, the S20s were I understand “voiced” with a 252/300. Don’t ask to hear the 505 or 606 unless your credit card is very flexible!

A general point about Kudos speakers though. I have found them to be very flexible with regard to placement and can be powered with a range of amplifiers. The 808s will work well enough with a NAP 250 and at Bristol last year the 505s wooed people at the Bristol show with a Uniti.

Lindsay

1 Like

Thanks Lindsay, that’s good to know about placement as my room is only 15’5" x 11’4" and the speakers have to fire across, not lengthways.
I have demoed the S20s before, but it was at a dealer. I bottled it and chose the PMC Twenty5.26 instead, as I got them for a ridiculous price. I now regret it as I feel they are a tad overbearing in my room.
I’m demoing the S20s on Saturday at my home, so fingers crossed:crossed_fingers:

Thanks

Celebrating a new acquisition. My dealer sold a Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement cartridge to a customer, who had bought a Dynavector DRT XV-1s from him just last summer. It only has a couple hundred hours on it, at most. I think less. As soon as the dealer had it back in the shop he offered me to take it home for a try (nice to be trusted like that with $5650 cartridge). I have a Clearaudio Concerto V2 and he knows I’ve been thinking about an upgrade, but I was thinking more along the lines of a Stradivari V2 or a Benz Micro Gullwing SLR. Didn’t take me long. I installed it the DV last Friday and have been playing it ever since, every chance I get. While playing Solti/LSO Mahler’s 2nd on Decca the other day I realized I couldn’t return it. I bought it today.

23 Likes

But… those headphones and turntable were gorgeous…:disappointed:

Trials and errors…

Congratulations JDP, a great combo indeed! Enjoy :smiley:
Alessandro

1 Like

Hello JDP
That looks so good it almost makes me want to go vinyl. Great looking and I am sure its sounds wonderful.

I crossed that bridge with my ND555 and am not going back.

Enjoy

Bailyhill

1 Like

…non sembra piccolo…:slightly_smiling_face:

E anche una bella stanza …

Eh, mama mia, cosa succede? English per piacere!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s lovely cartridge - enjoy it.

1 Like

:wink:…just a bit of international flavour …

:thinking::gorilla::crossed_fingers:

Would members please respect forum rules; posts only in the English language to ensure they are understood my the majority of the membership, thank you.

I’m not sure John Lennon would have agreed with you on my last post- lyrics to a track on Abbey Road.

Sorry Andy, it was clean up time…

1 Like