System Pics 2019

It turns off after 30 seconds. The Supernait also has the display lights off most of the time. That was just for the picture :wink:

Nice to see another woofer in the picture :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Anytime you want, Jeddah - Saudi Arabia, bring your pool shorts as well, it is 29C :slight_smile:

Dec. 2008 system

1 Like

1 Like

May 2009 System

4 Likes

Bet they will sound wonderful of all the brands I’ve tried with Naim Dynaudio just sound so right. The bass is so lifelike the acoustic double bass especially sounds just right though each Dynaudio I’ve owned.

3 Likes

What a terrible view bet you keep the shutters down. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Beautiful view Chris

1 Like

I’m confused. Are you referring to my picture or something else. If the former did you notice something you consider dodgy in the Fraim setup?

No @Richard.Dane was replying to my question about leveling a Fraim when it’s fully loaded with black boxes.

Got it. I used Richard’s playbook when I built mine. It’s solid, level, and even.

Dont know if you like other Decca recordings but over on the special offer thread, Qobuz have a box set of Decca recordings called The Decca Sound going cheap - see Music On Special Offer (its a link though its not obvious) for more details

Thank you, I do like Decca recordings and have some original and reissued LPs. However, I rarely buy digital remasters of analog recordings. I use TIDAL on my ND5-XS to preview things I might like to buy on vinyl, or I use it to play DDD recordings from TIDAL, or I stream hi-res files from a NAS.

Qobuz is still 2 days away from a U.S. launch (which is where I am), so I cannot yet access that special offer. It might not be offered to US customers, but IDK.

Annalogg…Love the floating wall for your TV. I am in the process of building one.
Would you be able to tell me how you did it and what materials you used?
Regards
David

Nice system Lindsay. What amplification have you got with those Kudos C20s/Super 20s? Thinking of getting a pair myself.
Regards

David

1 Like

Thanks Paul.

Hi David, it’s simply a frame of 25mm timber battens faced with 12.5mm plasterboard and then skimmed to finish. I set the battens in by 15mm to give a shadow gap. Just make sure you also place battens where you intend to attach your TV. Great for hiding cables.

Atb
Steve

Thanks Steve for your reply. I have seen various floating wall builds on the ‘avforums’ website, but they mostly use 18mm MDF, which means filling and rubbing it all down to hide the joints and screw holes. Your idea sounds much better.:+1:
With the 12.5mm plasterboard, how did you finish off the edges?

Cheers
David

Oh no, I wouldn’t use MDF, far too rough and a smooth finish would IMO be very difficult. A good plasterer should be able to skim the edges too. I would avoid corner eml as this wouldn’t give a level edge.

Here’s a closer image of mine…

Atb
Steve

1 Like