System Pics 2019

As for disc storage, this rotating rack/stand was the best move I ever made, freeing up much wall and other space in the process:

I also have another rack as well with more “classical” genres in it:

10 Likes

I like the look of the rotating rack, where did you find it, if I may ask…?

I don’t recall exactly where I got it - If you search “rotating CD rack” you will find a number of sizes and varieties - I simply shopped it for the best price at the capacity I wanted. I want to say it set me back about $250-300, but it has been about 7 years, and I can’t even remember what I ate for breakfast.

Ok thanks DrMark, I’ve been scouring the net for something I like which is large enough to accommodate my collection and fit comfortably in the living room. Ill keep searching

A little off topic, sorry folks

Well, you can see part of my system in the photos! :wink:

:eyes::+1:

Brownie points for the woodturning!

1 Like

I’m on 1,400 and I don’t see me going beyond 2,000. Even in retirement I wouldn’t find the time to play all those. I make myself buy stuff then listen to it repeatedly rather than just amass

I find myself more likely to weed stuff out and throw it away.

Gorgeous set up. :+1:

That’s at least £7-8k which equals 30 years of Tidal and 0 space invasion :grin:

Hope I am not breaking forum rules, Richard if I am please delete.

The answer to your question is.

“iansbespokefurniture” in th UK.

Edward

1 Like

Thanks for that ted, much appreciated, I’ll have a gander :smiley::+1:

17 Likes

My first attempt at a system pic for some time…

22 Likes

Good to see a fellow SL2 owner… yous looks a lot better than mine though and I’ve been thinking of treating the wood – but am scared I might ruin something…
enjoy/ken

1 Like

My grilles are disintegrating fairly quickly, unfortunately. I have only had these 9 months or so, Ken, but really enjoying them with a couple of 300s stuffed up them :slight_smile:

You should be able to replace your grilled fairly easily Tim – contact James @ TomTom Audio – that’s what I did sometime ago – and that aspect is sorted for now. I still need to address the wood – treat it somehow, but just haven’t plucked enough courage to do this :frowning:
enjoy/ken

Thanks Ken - I was aware of that. Need to save up a bit first as gone a bit mad this year - service and dr to two 300s (done), 552 replacing 52 (done) replacing supercap and 555ps with dr versions (a few weeks time), adding several powerlines (done) and replacing hi line with super lumina interconnect (soon). Oh and unitiserve with core (soon)

_DSC2012

16 Likes

Always nice to see a GyroDec

1 Like