System Pics 2019

@TheKevster

Hi Kevin,

yes that’s a dps with a Graham tonearm and Transfiguration Temper cartridge. The psu and the Bauer phono stage with its psu are sitting on the bottom shelf. On the left is a fj Dude speaker, also a Bauer (co-)design.

All lovely things to behold and to listen to.

Like the new forum way easier to upload images from iPad.

2 Likes

Latest picture with new 252 now in place.

11 Likes

Reposting some September photos as a hello to the new forum!
Since then I’ve got a Digione signature (with Mambo Power Supply on the clean side) feeding the nDAC. Now, if only I could get rid of the 45Hz room mode without a divorce…!!

9 Likes

He means one of these…

4 Likes

System following unpack in November after 5 months in storage whilst extension being built. Dedicated power supply also added :slight_smile:

26 Likes

My motivations were only tangentially sonic. (1) I had a few devices with ‘blinking lights’ (switch, internet router) in the room and I wanted to not see the lights. (And I didn’t really contemplate a cabinet near the Fraim.) (2) My uServe had a hdd and I didn’t want to hear it, nor my nas drive.

So I did some in-wall ethernet cable runs that let me move it all to another room. I doubt that the sound coming from the speakers improved any.

My modest system, which gives me a lot of happiness.

8 Likes

MDS, What are the gold blocks under each of the Naim boxes? Do they work?

Apart from installing a dedicated mains feed - a fantastic VFM upgrade, not a lot changed in 2018. I’d not planned any changes for 2019 but then i trialled Roon and a Nucleus soon followed…

22 Likes

Thanks winky, great, it seems to work.

Hi Elkman70 - they are Quardspire Plus Reference Interfaces. Quite a mouthful, I know. Yes, they work very well indeed. I started a thread on the topic on the previous forum in the Autumn of last year, which ought to be accessible when the old forum is managed across as a searchable reference.
In the meantime, I tried one set of these interfaces under my 552 head unit when it had to drop down a shelf when I got a CD555 because on the second shelf the 552 would no longer benefit from the Quadraspire bronze spike & bamboo at the top. The interfaces proved as good. I then tried another set under the other black-boxes and every one, including PSUs, benefited so I ended up with four sets. Expensive but the performance uplift was worthwhile. My dealer says they also work well on full-fat Fraim.
Mike

Hi MDS, thanks for letting me know. They are quite a lot of money.

They are. I believe there are two other types of ‘interfaces’ that cost less but I have no experience of how effect they are.

BTW - love the pic of the spaniel. Very cute.

My large listening room
Focal 1038 be speakers
Just testing my ability to post photo
David

17 Likes

Funny thing is he’s a cockapoo although does look like a spaniel. His brother, Dave, looks like a proper cockapoo

1 Like

My Olive boxes and view of my Focal’s
David

29 Likes

So am trying in new forum after many years of looking; seems pictures are easier now so here is my music room system, aware though of poor quality iPhone picture and the need to get a proper rack at some point…

4 Likes

Just trying out the new forum with the same pics I recently added to the old one, seems a lot easier to post pictures assuming I’ve got it right !!

12 Likes