System Pics 2020

@Hifidelio I bought the sx7i when I had 282/250 and demo’d a few, I liked the meats the best with that combo. Not sure if they are the best with 500/552 so when things are back to normal I will demo some 808’s and the usual suspects. Overall I really like them though. I put isoacustics under them and that helped the bass a bit imho.

1 Like

Always on Top Thomas !

Your listening room must sound good because of its treatment.
Nice colors, very relaxing place.

The integration of the different acoustic treatment elements is aesthetically successful in the living room, without being too visually present.
I really like… without forgetting the system itself !

At this level of quality, the listening room is an integral part of the stereo system.

1 Like

Thanks @Naimophile35 !

With some proper learning, basic room treatment is something relatively easy and cheap to achieve.

Integrating that treatment in a suboptimal hifi positioning, and making it look nice is, by contrast, quite challenging and costly.

But the result is a massive improvement in sound quality, subjectively and measured.

I wouldn’t have gone through that spending spree for hifi gear without being sure I could enjoy/hear it.

Hope you’re doing well!

We’re lucky here, in Switzerland, not to be confined. We still can enjoy nature, mountains, etc.

That is what I thought about the 250DR, until I tried and replaced with 300DR ! :blush:

1 Like

Perhaps one day I may pull the trigger and try a 300 but for now my manky 250DR will do and sounds great with the 272/555DR. Also I was kind of hoping Naim would release the 272 replacement but I guess things are on hold for now and for good reason.

1 Like

Same here, I can’t get the volume pass 11am anyway. I’m sure the 300 is a great bit of kit but my trusty 250DR is still making me happy.

1 Like

Having owned several 250s over the years CB, Olive and now DR I like the idea of owning a piece of Naim history with this iconic model and any 250 is no slouch and feel fortunate to own a 250.

4 Likes

If you try it, it’s best to be ready to part with the money, as it’s a pretty big step up and once you’ve heard the difference it makes….

I actually managed to move the left speaker about 20-25 cm away and that made a nice improvement !

2 Likes

Nice catch Bart, I’ll keep that in mind once I make changes to the Fraim contents

@Dan_M I haven’t had the opportunity to listen to the Aria 936s but I do like very much the Sopra. I’ve heard them as well with a 552 and ND555 and I was amazed of how much more they’re capable of with a high end system

2 Likes

I so much like the looks of your Kuzma Stabi S. What brand are the golden spikes (feet) under the platter. They match beautifully with the Kuzma​:ok_hand::ok_hand:. And what is the tone arm? Greetings Mike

finally moved r/h speaker away from the corner!

26 Likes

Thanks Mike. Those feet are Mapleshade Brass Footers under a Mapleshade maple platform. Really does fit the look :slight_smile: there is even a splash of gold in the Dynavector XV-1s cartridge. The Tonearm is an Origin Live Encounter Mk. 3c.

I thought C30 were great. Tweeter was very smooth and I could listen all day. Plenty of bass as well. It is a big speaker. My wife was not crazy about the size. Placement was easy enough. I had them off the back wall about 3m’. I did toe in so the tweeter crossed about a foot behind my listening position.

@SpurrierSucks 3 meters from the back wall is easy placement?

272/250 replaced by SN3 and ND555.

50 Likes

And the sound is now?..

beautiful !

2 Likes

Thanks mpw. The sound is beautiful. Even with the SN3 (a downgrade from 272/250) the tonality is so much richer and has more depth. My first ‘source first’ system and could well be my last the way it sounds. By all accounts it will improve more over the next few months, so my dealer tells me.

3 Likes