System Pics 2020

Just info!
“Tom-Tom Audio” have them avaiable. Give em a call

1 Like

You mean, this little beauty Ian :sunglasses:

22 Likes

Thanks Gazza :+1:

It does, bass lines are awesome and we don’t find there is a need for a centre. Hansel either :blush:

2 Likes

Speakers look absolutely awesome. Amazing system!

1 Like

Thanks Dan, the Titan 808’s are very special speakers :blush:

25 Likes

They are seriously stunning and have heard so much about them. Look great in your listening room too!

1 Like

Wise men indeed…lol

21 Likes

Looking much better now @Dan_M. Was it a big improvement getting it all Fraimed? I’ll be Fraiming my system this year, but I keep wondering if it’ll be worth an outlay which is about the same value as my entire system.

Hi Graeme,

It’s worth it for sure if you have the funds. It’s cost me a fortune with a mixture of used and ex demo and new parts. I think I’ve spent around £4.5k on buying it.

Does it sound better? Yes
Is it £4.5k better? Mmm yes
Has it hurt my bank balance? Yes :cry:

If you are married or have a partner FFS don’t tell her how much it costs. Lol.

There are other options. My way of looking at it was that I’d be spending the money twice if I bought something less. So I went for it. Only compromise was fraimlite for top tiers on each stack.

Good luck with your decision!!

2 Likes

Aaahhh, so much better. Lovely PB :grin:

1 Like

Thanks @Dan_M. I kind of expected those answers, no surprises. I’m fairly committed in my head to going with Fraim.

Haha!! I am married and my wife has offered to buy it for my 60th birthday in a few months. She knows exactly how much it costs and thinks I’m barking mad, but if it’s what I want…

Agree about the false economy of buying something else, but it is a lot of money. Still, can’t take it with me (us).

4 Likes

Few pointers in retrospect.

I bought maple used. And then light ash ex demo and new. It doesn’t match that great colour wise despite what dealers said. If it bothers you then buy everything new.

I don’t mind too much and I am going to change the shelves around so they blend in within the stacks a little better than what they do.

If your wife is buying it for you that’s absolutely amazing and you’re a very lucky man.

It will look superb. Definitely makes it all look in a different league visually.

Sound wise it’s an extra black box so everyone says. It does sound better. Maybe those 135s you want will make a bigger difference though!

Once you’ve got it you won’t look back and I have enjoyed my system alot more since I’ve changed over.

1 Like

Hmmm… sounds like you have too many wives, Mike.

…i.e. one too many.

Cheers @Dan_M, good information to mull over, and I am a very lucky man.

Good to see your system out of its cupboard and so glad you’re enjoying it more now.

Few other pointers. Consider medium shelves over standard especially with sources. Source stack are most sensitive so ideally benefit most from full fraim. Fraimlite great for poweramps and power supplies. Mix and match can work out.

Ideally full fraim the lot on two stacks brain and brawn if you can.

2 Likes

Problem is when you pop your clogs and your wife sells the whole lot for what you said you paid for it :smiley:

4 Likes

Can’t win even when you pass over to the other side ! :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve told my wife, if I die before her, to call hi-fi John (my dealer) if she wants to sell any of it, or if anything needs fixing. But she quite likes it these days and seems to enjoy the upgrades, commenting how nice the bass is and can we turn it up!

5 Likes

@Mike_S I hope you live and long and happy life so you can enjoy your Naim system for as long as possible. Lol :grinning:

1 Like