System Pics 2020

Yes, Ali Baba

1 Like

Well after a while of getting it all together, having 12 months off from spending anymore !!

More to the point it all sounds great and my leader is happy that she is not surrounded by cables and kit, win win !!

59 Likes

Not the best photos but hopefully clear enough despite the relatively low resolution.

25 Likes

Very nice set and room @Pj.s. :ok_hand:t5:

Always more to do, but need to get permission first !

1 Like

Annoyingly, the wife has set up camp in the lounge rendering the UnitiStar banned whilst she works. She cant explain whats wrong with her using her home office. Anyway the Mu-So is refusing to connect to app then the headphone socket wont work. So Ive busted out the UQ2 as a headphone amp.

10 Likes

Looks really good pj.s. What finish are those Arcs?

Hi , good hearing from you, these are a bit special and I guess I should update, I’ve had the Arc’s 22 years and at the start had them French polished by a guy who’s other love was HiFi so a one off really !

PJ

This rack is the most beautiful rack I could see here! Very very nice looking system!

1 Like

I am still using a Nytech 202 in my office system. Originally bought about 1983. Lovely

1 Like

Thank you very much, I know you are really active on the forum, so praise indeed, I need to be honest and say, the rack originally was oak and I asked a French polisher today work his magic to blend in with the room, I have a boss !!!

PJ

1 Like

Not yet :grinning:
There is still production of new tape for Reel To Reel machines.
And there is some attraction using them.

1 Like

The rack is a CUSTOM DESIGN MILAN REFERENCE 10 HIFI EQUIPMENT STAND Which has been polished to the colour it is today, I have also been asked the hight of the 5 level, this is 70cm

Hope this help
PJ

1 Like

Just beautiful!

Thank you :+1:t3:

Lovely looking room and system. Are they Acoustic Curtains by any chance? :partying_face: ATB Peter

Thick enough to be and expensive enough to be :joy:, but no !

PJ

1 Like

The HiFi abides!

2 Likes

Ah, DNM were always on my wish list, but were very expensive for me, and as my system was generally satisfactory in the first place when I started with Naim in the late 1980’s, I never went any further. I appreciated the thinking of Denis Moorcroft and the delivery of his ideal way of design that was quite unlike anyone else. I think that was the way Julian Vereker worked. There are a few other audio engineers that have a similar appeal for me, but perhaps that is for another topic…

2 Likes

Forgot to ask what the system is unless you’ve already mentioned it.

I’m guessing at P8/Atheta2/Aria, 272, 555 or XPS2, 300?