System Pics 2020

Hi Cardoso
Yes I’m very much enjoying them. These are Shahinian LARC’s.

1 Like

New Brand for me. Must learn a bit more of ( them). Thanks for the input…:+1:

1 Like

Just started to notice a trend with regard to “wives”…

Those who aren’t interested in the hifi system and have it much lower down the list than a tidy lounge are often referred to as “the wife”.

Those who share the poster’s love of music reproduction get called “my wife”.

I don’t have one, but if I did manage to make that acquisition, even this late in the game, I’d DEFINITELY prefer one of the latter models. :wink::kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Mrs Pete has no interest in my hi fi, but at no stage has she ever questioned a purchase or upgrade, well expect for the odd raised eyebrow from time to time. She know it helps keep me sane.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, nice to see a Stands Unique rack, I used to have one in the black ash, very underated.Nice system, as many have said :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Alan.

It’s a lovely stand. I bought it from someone else who had spent thousands on a new stand!! Luckily it also has the turntable extension too.

The amp is settling in quite now.

A wee cosmetic upgrade today - I picked up a Fraim from the local dealer this week, and was finally able to get it installed today. This also involved getting a wall mount for the TV, and wall mounting the Sonos beam (which is a bit low so I’ll need to raise it up about 30mm tomorrow).

I’m very pleased with the Fraim - it looks fantastic, and the system is sounding good as well.

I’m very fortunate that my wife understands my obsessions (mountain biking and music), aided by our mutually supporting spending habits. :wink:

SL2’s will hopefully arrive late next week and finish off the upgrades for this year - I’m hoping to replace the SuperUniti (on pre-amp duties now) with a 282 or 252 next year.

24 Likes

Excellent, also regarding amp, and I am sure you have been told this, but it will only get better as it settles in. Enjoy :+1:

1 Like

Nice system. Interesting change/upgrade going from Totems to SL2’s any particular reason? Totem speakers are amazing, especially if you like how their sound!

2 Likes

I picked up my new Nagra integrated yesterday, and just got it hooked up. My gear search is now over, sorry to say but this thing with an hour of play time outclasses my old 272/XPSDR/250 DR with Superlumina full loom by a mile. My only remaining Naim gear is the Core and Fraim, but I am not here to bash Naim, just really happy that I am off the never ending upgrades that come with owning Naim gear. Analog is RP 10 with Musical fidelity Nuvista Vinyl phonostage. Digital is Core/Mscaler/TT2.

I fixed the balance as soon as I saw this photo by the way.

32 Likes

Hi

Are those the Totem Model 1 Sigs ?

Regards

We are all happy for you No-Quarter. We all know that you will be back. It is just a matter of time. :smile:

3 Likes

17 Likes

39 Likes

10 Likes

Some pics of my classic Olive system with Kudos S20’s. All on Sound Org stack - apart from the LP!2.

I doubt it Chag, I live in a one bedroom apartment, so the Nagra is all I will ever need. I just came back to Vinyl after a 30 year break, so browsing record stores will be my new (old) hobby. I have Zero albums to start with, the ones I had from the eightees are trashed. A friend has lent me a few to get going, but I just heard a local record shop is open, so I may head over there today. First I have to assemble my new IKEA Kallax for storage, the one in the photo is from their website, but the one I bought.

2 Likes

Great looking retro appearance on that amp.

1 Like

Hi Bevo,
They are sounding great. Better after over a weeks running in. Great bass for their size and it is well controlled with close to wall placement. In fact in my room 10-15cm from wall sounds best. Rarely boomy even when played loud with bass heavy music. Upper frequencies don’t get too strident when loud (which is something I seem sensitive to). Usual neat strength of great timing applies.
I am about to order 10 metres of witch hat phantom to replace my 7 metres of naca5. Has so many good reviews I just have to give it a go. This will leave me with just over 2k for speakers so I may audition a couple more options before final decision.

I am very sure it will. Delighted with it so far :+1:

1 Like