System Pics 2020

Will do. What’s your system? Can’t see it in your profile.

Have three but eventually go to two (consolidation) over next year or so when cease living in 2 locations re work

1. LP12 KLIMAX/252/SCDR/250DR/NEAT Ultimatum XLS’s ( fantastic speakers)
  2. CD5XS/nDAC/XPS2/SN3/HICAPDR/NEAT Momentum 3Xi
  3. NOVA/NEAT MINISTRA’s

As you can see I’m a huge fan of NEAT speakers with NAIM gear

1 Like

Wow that’s some collection. What is your impression of Ministras?

Excellent

Wondered how Ministras compare to momentum 3xi? Some good deals on these atm

A few upgrades since a few months back. Swapped listening rooms and I’ve had Kudos Titan 606s on home demo. My dealer (Geoff @ Acoustica) offered me a good deal on them and I’m pleased to say they’re keepers. Amazing speakers and the walnut finish really matches the rest of the wood in the room.

I picked up a gently used Fraim yesterday. I have to say the uplift in SQ and performance from my Quadraspire SVT is huge - I was not expecting that, happy days!

68 Likes

Very nice Bongoman!

1 Like

Hi,just interested to know what speakers you had previously,and in which way the Kudos were better,also how long did you need to audition the Kudos for, before deciding to keep them,hopefully I’m not being too nosey.

Nice system and lovely room!

1 Like

Very nice @bongoman !
Can you describe what the Fraim brought extra? I have a Qudraspire and consider the Fraim but failed in finding a dealer here where I can really audition the Fraim. Really doubting since it is quite an investment and I also like the looks of my Qudraspire :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Lorro1 I had SL2s before the Titans. I really liked them but they didn’t work that well in my room. I find the top end too forward for my tastes and they aggrevated my tinnitus so sadly I had to let them go.

I’ve had the Titans on home demo for over 2 weeks and find they work well across a wide range of music. I’m hearing a lot more detail in music than before and they are not fatiguing in any way. I strongly recommend a listen.

1 Like

@IvdZ I held off on the Fraim as I too wasn’t convinced whether it was worth upgrading from Quadraspire. The difference I’m hearing now is not subtle. Bass is better defined and there is much better separation between instruments. I’ve found even the tone of some instruments has changed - acoustic guitar now actually sounds like an acoustic! Whether this is due to the 552 working better on top of the Fraim I’m not sure. If you can get a good deal on a Fraim or source a used rack I definitely recommend upgrading.

3 Likes

Thanks for that,I’ve got the Kudos on my radar for the future but not ready just yet,may be other purchases required before I could really do them justice.

Great room! What fabers are those?

1 Like

“90% bass and mid-bass”

Whoah there! Seriously? There’s something seriously wrong there and I suspect it’s not the equipment.

Did you audition any of it before you purchased?

Has your dealer offered any suggestions?

It just doesn’t read like any NAIM system I’ve ever heard, including my own… :flushed:

My IBLs are still laughing.

3 Likes

Looks great bongoman, any way u can pull the Titans further out into the room or any way you could site your Fraim off to the side?
I think that might make the sound even better
I have Titan T88s and love them
David

I’m planning on moving the Fraim to the side. I only have 2.5m speaker cables at the moment so a bit limited on citing the Fraim but I’ll look into longer cables at some point.

The Poll Winners on Contemporary, I like that :grinning:

@zipperheadbanjo Hello. Well, can’t afford to replace it. The Naim adventure was a massive mistake. Can’t see how anyone enjoys music with 90% bass and mid-bass, but we all have different tastes. Am definitely hoping to sell it all for a meager sum and downgrade to something that sounds 10 times better.“

There’s something wrong somewhere. I’m no fan of the supernait but that description just doesn’t fit.
Maybe a picture or two including of the cables behind might be worth posting. What speaker cables (hope not a high capacitance type) and how long are they, did you spot the crossed speaker sockets?