System Pics 2020

The rack police do actually quite scare me !

1 Like

It looks great and sure must sound great, thatā€™s all that matters.

2 Likes

They look great. I have owned both and regret selling them. The Quad FM 4 is the best looking hifi component I have ever owned. The ergonomics are also absolutely great. The NAT 01 beats it on sound quality but lack of good antenna and limited interest in music broadcasts meant it didnā€™t make much sense for me to keep it.

Hans

My second system has developed from nowhere to really fast over the last two weeks!

Now (joining my tweaked Rega P3, Sony BluRay player for CD and Google Chromecast for streaming) are my lovely olive NAC62/HiCap/NAP140 They sound superb and all recently serviced.

35 Likes

You need to lawyer-up, fast!

1 Like

I could be fraimed.

5 Likes

Bad-doom, ttssss!

Iā€™d better stop this banter or the ā€˜putting-posts-on-the-System-Pics-thread-without-photosā€™ police will be after me.

7 Likes

Lovely kit. Drift all sorted out now Clive after its visit to HQ ?

1 Like

Hopefully, yes, James. Funnily enough, pretty much as soon as Iā€™d received the RMA numbers it started behaving itself and held tune for a week. Sodā€™s law, I guess. But weirdly I think it sounds better than I ever remember. Of course that could be because mentally Iā€™m comparing it with the Quad, but it is a joy to have it back. Currently itā€™s playing Dvorakā€™s opera Rusalka, a recording from the Royal Opera House in 2012, which is being broadcast on BBC Radio 3. Beautiful.

3 Likes

Good news - glad itā€™s back to full health again :sunglasses:

Wot, no sox?

So lucky to be able to finally have these little gems at my house, which replaced Rubicon 2s and yes, there is a difference, a huge one, mostly in the mid frequencies that the Tab10s are so well known for. Yes, they lack the big, spacious, deep sound the Rubicons produce, they cannot go that low the DALIs can, but in the middle these are hard to beat. I am still adapting to the sound signature + these are not run in yet I guess, maybe I have done about a 100 hrs, but even now I can see what they are capable of. Not that the Rubicons are bad, quite the opposite, they are more relaxed, way more relaxed actually, no fatigue at all after many hrs of listening a day. I kind of feel the ProAcs will be tiring me if I listen to them for similar extensive sessions that I am used to with the DALIs, hopefully not after these are fully burned in. Glad I made the choice for this particular veneer, I think it fits well in the room with the rest of the furniture. Hope you guys like it. Simplicity as follows - MacbookPro->V1->SN2->ProAcTab10Sig

19 Likes

Fantastic speakers, a real wonder.

In that configuration, I would think in these stands, they improve performance much more than the little they cost, checked:

2 Likes

Yep, been considering those. For now I have ordered 5cm tall diy oak mini blocks same dimensions as the speakers, that probably weigh like a ton each and see whether these make any difference. Might go for the 130ā€™s next if not satisfied with the oak blocks. Thanks for the suggestion anyway

1 Like

alternatively you research a decent pair of speakers.

1 Like

I had Proac tab 10s on shelves and I used Atacama adhesive feet and they worked very well. Lovely speakers

1 Like

I think he can close his eyes and hear a Kudos 606/707 through his Monitor Audio,sā€¦he has heard them so many times.
Front end firstā€¦not a bad idea.

How sticky are these ā€” easy to remove when needed? Or a pain in the a***?

Cheers!

I could remove them fairly easily without damaging veneer. They left a ring which I am sure would come off with solvent but I didnā€™t bother as you couldnā€™t see it!

1 Like

Cheers ā€” your swift brief elaboration is much appreciated!

1 Like