System Pics 2020

Gazza, Dusty is in fine fettle but is as always working far too hard. I keep telling him, but the outcome is about as successful, as when I try to tell my adult(ish) children how to behave. :roll_eyes: Hey Ho Peter

2 Likes

Good to knowā€¦thought i had missed some bad news, thanksā€¦
might celebrate with some wine with dinner.:+1:

1 Like

Thanks Nigel. So far having fun, taking the day off to start getting to know it.

Goeff, just as a follow up, just noted that the volume etc looking off line is probably because they are not just rotary pots. They actually are also push in and act like a joystick to make different settings/controls

1 Like

Just got my 500 back from being DRā€™d. Its been away for about nine weeks over lockdown, not great timing to send it off :roll_eyes:. I canā€™t really remember what it sounded like before it went away, but it sounds good straight out of the box, so itā€™ll be fab in a few months
Thought Iā€™d take a few pics before it gets all dusty again !

41 Likes

Just added a hicapā€¦

9 Likes

Almost

41 Likes

thank you Nigel. Not an expert by any stretch, but i am aware of system balance and i wonder why you have such a stonking front end with a pair of 2 bob speakers.
Only my opinion :grinning:

Fantastic speakers, a real wonder.

In that configuration, I would think in these stands, they improve performance much more than the little they cost, checked:

imagen

2 Likes

Hardly two bob (Ā£4000 these days) and I assume you have no experience of the GX 300s. They started life with the original Uniti2 donkeys years ago in my home and have ably demonstrated each and every uplift in SQ from upgrades to the system I have today. I am still amazed to this day that they reveal benefits in the merest of upgrades.

I am aware that they are probably the next component to give me a major uplift, these or my power amp. Actually I think the GX 300s would really appreciate a 500DR up ā€˜em. Or I could simply stick with them and continue to enjoy the stonking front end it is my privilege to own. Beautifully balance and no Monkfish in sight.

2 Likes

Any sniff of monkfishā€¦invite me over, wrapped in bacon luvly.

1 Like

I am very interested in your impressions CBR once you get it up and running.

Looks stunning

I have exactly the same vinyl set up and enjoy it immensely. All of my Naim kit is about to go for a service and Iā€™m excited to listen for improvements when itā€™s doneā€¦ To me it sounds terrific already! :grin:

Hope you continue to enjoy as much as I do

1 Like

Just recorded dire straits alchemy onto a memory stick from an album that has to be 30 years old?.
Replayed recording back through the Nagra and the reproduction was impressive, but getting some Hiss, so need to look at settings to reduce this.
Nice piece of kit and incredibly adaptable.
Put the drive into the atom to replay but sound level was much quieter, had to ramp up the volume, so something to adjust there as well.
Good vibes so far.

2 Likes

Very nice look @toto, but I hear your Neat speakers whispering: ā€œGet me a Superuniti, or even better a Novaā€ā€¦ :rofl:

13 Likes

Indeed, a Nova would very nice sitting there in all itā€™s glory.

2 Likes

Are you guys suggesting toto has an unbalanced system? Really?

1 Like

Superb - thanks for that.

How long have you owned your set up - and any pictures?

Like the speakers Danny :wink:

1 Like

Just trying a Thunder into my Nap300 - after having all Powerlines for a few weeks. The ā€˜high currentā€™ thing about the Thunder seems to have something about it - Thunder wins on the power amp. Iā€™m trying them on 252 and Superline Supercaps also, but canā€™t perceive much difference to Powerlines there.