System Pics 2020

After seeing your wonderful systems and useful tips and comments I also decided to share my system. I don’t have a separate hi-fi rack and big room for good arrangement so this is what I managed to setup in my living room.

On the top bottom of the shelve I have a separate mains stabilizer with 2000VA transformer and 8 outputs on the back where I plug my equipment. Next to it on the right is my SN2, below the SN2 is the HiCap DR. On the right of the SN2 I put my NDX and below the NDX is the nDAC. My future plan is to get a PSU for the nDAC and then move the nDAC on top of the NDX and setup the PSU on the place of the nDAC.

I also have the possibility to connect the mains stabilizer on the right on a different mains socket and reverse the order of my equipment. SN2 will be on the left of the stabilizer and NDX on the left of the SN2, etc. This will follow the popular advice to keep the PSUs and power amps on the right hand side so that the transformers are kept on the right and the sources/preamps on the left side.

Do you have some tips what I might improve in the positioning of my equipment? Is it too bad arranged at the moment?

11 Likes

What do you have under your wooden isolation platforms?

I have SoundCare spikes. The model which is used for electronics with adhesive stickers. Do you think they might not be appropriate for a Naim system?

I think any spikes would pretty much be fine - some people would over think it massively but they look good.

1 Like

thanks to the family who left for the holidays, I managed to fix my stay a bit and finally I too can take some decent photos of my system: nac 282 with hicap dr (supercap dr should soon arrive), nap 250 dr, ndx 2 with xps dr, united core. Speakers Taga harmony platinum f-100 se.

16 Likes

Nice, what’s the idea of the acrylic boxes over the top two?
Won’t do the heat dissipation any good.

behind are completely open and the heat comes out well (I did all the tests). I have a 20-month-old girl and he likes to press the power button on the nap and xps :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Makes a lot of sense in your situation and looks good.

Lovely Eames Lounge Chair Pete.

1 Like

I have to confess it’s a cheap (and uncomfortable) imitation. :smirk:

Hi Pete

I have seen looking at getting one. The original one that they still make cost about $8500. I have found a copy that has had very good reviews for about $2100 https://www.chicicat.com.au/eames-lounge-chair-ottoman-collector-replica.html
However any spare change I get seems to get re invested in the HiFi / music at the moment.

Regards WolF

Be careful with those cheap knock offs, we’ve bought 3 on EBay from 3 different suppliers. One was that bad we throw it out.

Thanks Pete I think I will hold off for a while and invest in some more records.

1 Like

One day Nigel I may post a pic of my system and the chaos that surrounds it as SWMBO uses the room as an office as well.

2 Likes

Why are your speakers up on the ceiling?

Because his foot would rip the driver if he put them on the floor? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hope you don’t mind me asking, but where did you manage to get Sorbothane sheet that large from? The largest I can find is much smaller than that.

1 Like

Hi Alex.

I got them on eBay but not sure I am allowed to post some links here?

Brian.

Thank you Brian. I will have another look. Alternatively, I have purchased automotive sound deadening before and those suppliers may stock larger sheets.

1 Like