System Pics 2020

From Pash Classics delivered in a few days. We’re very happy with it.

G

38 Likes

And hopefully a genuine Eames Chair. :grin:

1 Like

My dream chair!! (A genuine one that is). Nice one!

1 Like

As close to as would pass the most stringent of officionados!

G

3 Likes

Still, that’s awesome!!! I would welcome that in my home all day long

Scott

1 Like

I have the same electronics (different speakers), it sounded good with the hicap but the supercap made a big difference. Very enjoyable listening.

1 Like

There’s an episode of The Repair Shop where they deal with an Eames chair - very interesting to learn more about it, and some great insights into design elements such as the interchangeable cushions.

2 Likes

An episode of Salvage Hunters several years go all showed a renovation of an original Eames chair and a gave a fairly detailed account of the history of the chair.

I was pleasantly surprised that you could still buy the spares after all these years.

1 Like

I’ll try and find that Repair Shop episode but I guess the Salvage Hunters one is long gone.

Some wonderful ‘copies’ out there. This one is my particular favourite courtesy of manhattan-nest online:

G

Just looks such a comfy chair. :+1:t3: ATB Peter

1 Like

10 Likes

More Eames love…

21 Likes

Moving from sock pics to Croc pics I see.

Scott

The original Eames chair has been in continuous production since 1956 by Herman Miller Co. in Michigan USA. Price starts at about $5800. US

The original is almost $9K here

Ouch! I couldn’t afford one at the US price. I did buy a very nice Stressless Chair for listening, then moved my listening room where it doesn’t really fit. :crazy_face:

I’ve bought 3 copies, 2 were ok the other kept falling apart. To be honest I don’t find them that comfortable (well the knock offs anyway). We better get back on topic before someone complains. :grin:

I have a lazy boy, but I’m a Kiwi cheapscape…

I would suggest that if members wish to discuss the Eames Lounge chair further then perhaps open a dedicated thread in the Padded Cell. In fact as a fan and and owner I’d be delighted if there was a thread on this one.

1 Like

My little slice of heaven!
Nac202,nap200, napsc, hicap2, bluesound vault, technics 1200gr, stageline, neat sx3i & rel t7.

15 Likes