System Pics 2020

…please wear adidas socks the next time you publish a picture :slight_smile:

Puma, Bert. Surely :slight_smile: We’ll wave to you when we race down the Autobahn 7 in a weeks time.

Ok. All I had that particular day was Nike.

Here is mine. Times are hard man

Not even a power supply upgrade option on this.

11 Likes

Very nice set-up JonR- neat and tidy. I have owned the Convergence and found it to be an excellent phono stage- punches well above its price point :+1:

1 Like

Hi,
New to this posting but thought I’d share my humble but fabulous set up…

So pleased with everything, and room for future upgrade on the TT too, though have gone for performance pack on the Rega, into Uniti Star via Rega mini PS.
The Iota Alphas work great, even tucked into corners!
Tried connecting Q Box via HDMI but didn’t work too well on Sky channels, unsure why, but adequate via optical lead from Q to Uniti.

I don’t have the means (or wife) to stretch to some of the fantastic systems posted within this forum, but I’m delighted to be part of the family!

All the best :+1:

48 Likes

Welcome, neat and clean, I like the set up.

Enjoy the music!!!

Scott

1 Like

Thanks Allan. Your Hutter looks good too. I had a few shelves of 600mm width (plus a base) some years back, which I really liked, finished in American cherry. I seem to remember chopping them in for some Isoblue which I didn’t get on with, to the extent that I missed the Hutter a lot. Then I found out about their ‘Slimline’ (500mm x 400mm) range and ended up buying several shelves plus two bases, in maple. That was in 2007 and they have served me well ever since.

X2s to X3s? Well, don’t forget the X2s were a real surprise in themselves, filling a room with sound despite their diminutive size. The X3s just build on that, more of the same, just a bigger and ballsier sound. Articulate at low volumes too, which suits me really well, living as I do in a small mid-terraced house. They seem to have gelled really well with the NAP100, which drives them easily without breaking a sweat.

4 Likes

Thanks varyat. You and I are certainly on the same page vis a vis the TRON.

Thanks Scott, certainly intend to.
Cheers,
Ian

11 Likes

Is that ‘The Barefoot Contessa’ playing?

“Love is a many - splendored thing”
Last scenes with a lovely blue dress against a lovely blue backdrop. Was on this arbo. Couldn’t resist.

XPS DR > NDX 2 > Hi-Line > HiCap DR > SuperNait 2 > NAC A5 > ProAc D30RS

Nothing changed regarding the system, just flashing a pair of socks for the first time…

47 Likes

Ciao jonr, may I ask you a brief review of your tron convergence?
Especially if you compared it to a superline.
Thanks a lot

Love the touch of asymmetry in the fireplace.

G

2 Likes

Hi piebia, not a direct, side by side comparison, no. But, a few years ago I had the pleasure of a visit by @LindsayM of this parish, who very kindly brought with him his Superline/Hicap DR. The combo sounded very good indeed (and I’ve always liked Naim’s half-width boxes). However, at £4k plus new, the cost was somewhat prohibitive for me. My Convergence is the Signature version and it comes in at less than a third of the price, nor does it need an external power supply . When I auditioned it it was a no-brainer.

1 Like

In this wonderful hobby of ours that some might qualify as a disastrous addiction, being able to read while listening is a talent, I wish I could do it myself more often, but music keeps my attention so much that it is a constant struggle. Enjoy your books and system, not sure whether in this particular order :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, I haven’t, but I must admit I am curious about them. Up until now I’ve been using trusty old NACA5, but I’m always wondering about the possibility of a worthy successor that doesn’t cost the earth.

Btw Dan, I’ve been meaning to ask you: what make are your system racks, especially the headphone rack? They look really good.

1 Like

Yeah remember it well. A great afternoon listening to Jennifer Warnes. It wasn’t as clear cut as you might have expected. I think a lot is down to cartridge matching.