System Pics 2020

Andy at Signals has been helping me to build a small system for my jazz streaming. Cds are played via a different system.
Some new,some ex demo,some used but immaculate.
The stand is temporary.
To my old cloth ears it sounds very clear,light and balanced.

Not many ornaments or treasured items on display.Couldnt be arsed to clean them🤣
N

29 Likes

Very nice Nick.

Very nice. What are your streaming devices?

Not my place,sadly. But the priorities here get a big thumbs-up.

27 Likes

Someone is living the dream. Cabin in the woods (of sorts) with proper hifi. Not a day goes by where I don’t wish for the same.

2 Likes

ND5 xs 2/SN2/Hicap DR.
Falcon LS3 on Solid Steel ss 6
The speaker stands look (and sound) amazing. Look at the brazing.
Real MFs as Miles was often heard to say

11 Likes

It’s actually a 53’ shipping container.

The view as I got home on Saturday night. Won’t look like this when Klimax Radikal lands on Thursday though…

11 Likes

Blimey, that is a lot of green logos!

1 Like

I am trying really hard, but I can’t see any issue with the window. :joy:

:joy:

A closer look at the custom(?) speakers.

5 Likes

Seems like a good opportunity to use ATC HTS 40!

1 Like

I was trying to figure out how the speakers are set up. Looks like a ported design - but I don’t understand why, really. IWHT that this would be an opportunity to use true infinite baffle system - have the back of the speakers ‘venting’ to the outside of the room, so effectively no box, or just a backless box (just need to have some way of keeping the weather off the speakers). The plus side is you also get outdoor speakers. OF course, you get less volume for a given input.

The ports might be fake. The house was designed and built by the builder. The speakers might be to a decorative, rather than acoustic design. That is, styled to look like speakers he likes. The wall is shallow but may contain some volume, though. Don’t know.

That’d be a crying shame if the speakers weren’t real. It would be interesting to see the back of the structure. One of the better “man caves” ever.

1 Like

Perhaps the speaker is from the Tardis range :wink:

1 Like

![

Just set up CDS3 and XPS2 so may need some tweaking and rearrangement. Will look at raising LP12 shelf and getting glass for phonostage.

CDS3 is sounding very good so far but still warming up.

45 Likes

Looks like a nice clean example @Dan_M. Welcome back to the cd fold.

1 Like

For a 2004 CDS3 and XPS2 it looks as in as good nick as the NDS and Supercap 2 which are around 2012.

All looking and sounding good @Graeme.

1 Like