System Pics 2020

Tony you’d make a great gatekeeper. :grin:

2 Likes

But if it’s not going to be HH and Richards keen on a fresh start how bout @Mike_S, his in the right location

I’m not one for patronising, I’m just watching my potential spelling mistakes. :rofl: ATB Peter

1 Like

More like a gatecrasher, Pete.
Anyway, 2 weeks to the end of the year and people should be chilling and having a laugh, a good time. Why do purple get so tight with certain things is beyond me.
Chill people!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

No strings, no perks, just whatever kudos or otherwise comes from kicking off the system pics for another year.

Anyone can open a new topic. Why systems pics has to be something special, with a responsibility, honor…to carry it? It’s a bit ridiculous, sorry to say.

6 Likes

Absolutely right Tony, and I reely reely like your Avatar btw. :+1:t3: ATB Peter

3 Likes

I like what you did there.
Cheers, Peter.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for this @Roog — much appreciated! I am thinking about the RME DAC for my study, and your experience is very encouraging. :smiley:

Nice RME ADI2 fs dac. I really like mine.

1 Like

Hi @Naim_The_Dragon, that’s where mine started out, running my Yamaha active monitors through balanced connections, but it was only a matter of time before I had to test its abilities in the main stereo!

1 Like

I’m in the right country for first into 2021 but there may be others further east than me… unless there is anyone in the Cook Islands.

3 Likes

Tag you’re it Mike. Anyone further east can wait an hour.

1 Like

I think what happens on this thread is there are but a few hundred posters at best and with 365 days in a year, it becomes impossible to gin up a consistent quantity of “new content”…especially since there is a huge flurry of activity at the start of the year.

Couple this with the popularity of this thread, and the inevitable questions that arise about the systems as well as furnishings and other things that appear in the photos (e.g., dogs, wall art, etc.) it is inevitable that some “rabbit trails” develop.

Personally, I don’t mind it, because I often learn something about speaker placement, other products, mistakes made, great ideas implemented, etc. I also enjoy seeing the rooms in peoples’ houses all around the world. Were it to only be system pics and nothing else, it would be spent by mid-year, save for those fortunate enough (or perhaps unfortunate enough in some cases) to have new components or systems to show.

I myself was “concerned” about showing the “system” in my office above for fear of castigation/derision because it is not a HiFi system per se, but it does play music off the internet (and hopefully soon off my server) - so is it a system?

16 Likes

An interesting video on the International Date Line:

Seems we need to find a forum member in Kiribati to have the precision that discerning forum members demand! :wink: :joy:

1 Like

Think the problem is, that unless you upgrade or change your decor there’s really only reason for one post. This of course would make it boring, that’s why there’s often sideway conversations and for some strange reason some seem to get quite offended. The photo of my lounge room which is not my main system got more response than my main system.

3 Likes

It’s all yours. :+1:

…I’m not too sure about that Pete, occasionally a member will change their socks and the system take on a whole new perspective. Of course there is the occasional slipper change and the rare bare foot!

8 Likes

True, I forgot about feet (yes I’ve been guilty). I like the thread but get a little frustrated by some peoples inability to just let it roll on.

3 Likes

I bought a pair of AirPods Pro a while back to use at work, absolutely love them. No wires, noise cancelling, easy to set up and use…plus they sound quite amazing, highly recommended.

15 Likes