System Pics 2020

Wow. Spectacular listening room. Never wanted to mount a projector overhead and a screen behind the speakers to watch movies?

Thanks - I know Thomann - I bought a guitar form them a couple of years ago.

1 Like

Pretty much the same as last year for my main system although the eagle eyed may notice one very small change:

And new for this year, my second system Nova and SBLs:

52 Likes

Where are my SBLs Ken? :roll_eyes:

Lovely!

The first did a fantastic job of cleaning but had an excessively noisy motor. The second a warped platter/bent motor spindle which outrageously the distributor tried to claim was normal, also marks on the top plate and heads of the carriage bolts and the fluid bottle had a cross threaded cap that was stretched. I wondered whether it was a repack. To add insult to injury they tried to palm me off with a replacement which was actually the first one returned backto the dealer. Cheeky b*ggers!
I cancelled the order, but decided to try one more from a different supplier. This one appears fine, I unpacked it last night and tested motor etc, all good although I haven’t cleaned any records yet on this one.
I note it is a slightly earlier version from serial number, it also has a black brush and doesnt come with the spout to drain fluid (not really essential anyway). The later revision I had the brush was white and came with drainage spout, other than that its identical.
:grinning:

1 Like

@Camlan
OMG that main system is to die for :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
Beautiful!

1 Like

Thanks.

The result of just shy of 40 years of Naim upgrade by upgrade.

That is it now unless the NBLs give up the ghost of course but they show no sign of so doing.

Still, I have said that before!

2 Likes

A brief stint away from Naim

7 Likes

Nice speakers @khan84

Are you from the future? Your profile shows the Harbeth’s to be 50th Anniversary editions.

Harbeth only turned 40 last year… :smile:

Hi Khan,

I think I remember you. Did you previously buy a pair of Rosewood SL2s that you couldn’t get happy with in your room?

Lol my mistake about the 50th tag. Spot on Dave. I should heed people’s setup advice rather than shoe horn kit into my room. :smile:

1 Like

Hi Camlan,

I’m liking the Moorcroft Pottery.

ATB,

Mike

2 Likes

How do you find the Harbeth’s? I have 30.2 40th on order - good offer from dealer pursued me to trade in my 30.1. I love the Silver Eucalyptus finish on the 30.2.

1 Like

I really do love the 30.2s. I also used to own the 30.1. The 2s are more focused in sound. The bass is more clean. The highs more extended but just as smooth if that makes sense. I’m sure you will love the speakers. All the 40th anniversary veneer finishes are very pretty indeed especially the silver eucalyptus.

Compared to the 5+ 40th the 30.2 speakers are more midrange focused.

1 Like

Perfectamundo at erm… ‘realistic’ levels.

(Warning … prolonged listening may lead to subsidence)

26 Likes

Breakfast in bed dear ??
Oh yes, I would like a bit of UB40.

2 Likes

Do post impressions of the M30.2 40th Anniversary and let us know if it is a nice upgrade over the 30.1. I own the Super HL5+ and if I ever consider another Harbeth it would be the 30.2. I’ve listened to M30, 30.1 and 30.2 and there is no doubt the later iterations sound incrementally better - slightly better clarity, more open especially in treble extension.

:+1:

Yours or the wife’s ? :thinking:

1 Like