System Pics 2020

@anon93526344 this is the ASW750 :slight_smile:

I stream Qobuz via the Node 2i it’s an excellent product.

2 Likes

my subwoofer is very boxy looking … like most subwoofers…

just this morning i was thinking about its boxy shape and wondering if a subwoofer could be shaped any other way…

this one ( B&W ) is quite nice to look at and more decor friendly i suppose

have fun !

regards

B&W has these sphere shaped subs as well, if this one dies I may go for that…
Had to look up the type as memory was failing me, PV1D. It’s smaller too, at least the model that was in the store upstairs (Phonologic was in the basement there so the bat logo was perfect for me LOL!)
But we have ferrets and in the old Klipsch was a nice hole for them to crawl in. Imagine having to take one apart early in the morning to free Xena :open_mouth:
We had to adjust the subs with… what is the word? Chicken wire?
I can laugh now but at that moment I feared for her life! No holes in this sub but the PV1 has these nice sides to dig a hole in. Ferrets love holes :see_no_evil:

Fred says this one sounds and sits better than the PV1 but it’s always better than those Klipsch subs we had.
In the pic you see them and the entire old series 5 set… nothing in that pic is still here except that ugly yellow thing hahaha! Not even the carpet. New floor was waiting to be placed as you can see.

12 Likes

Nice to see the Nak 582 Ken - and the remote control too, so I see!

Just a stupid question @HiFiman: what is the use of the Node 2i in your system for?

Is it for Airplay@?

I stream Qobuz via the Node 2i into the 272 DAC

2 Likes

What cable are you using from the node to 272?

I really like those headphone stands - what can you tel me about them?

1 Like

My Vinyl room with some Chrome Bumper, Linn and Harbeth

37 Likes

And the Joker…

1 Like

All unknown artists :rofl::crazy_face:

1 Like

Using a Mark Grant HDX1 Pure Copper Digital Coax RCA to BNC cable also replaced the supplied fig 8 mains cable with a Mark Grant DSP 1.0 Dual Screened Power Cable figure 8 connector.

1 Like

Very nice wall Mr gentle giant or Linton

1 Like

New addition arrived today
Pro-Ject VCS2 ALU

It works great and excellent value £399, but a slight word of caution. This is third time lucky, I bought and returned 2 different units from a real world shop that had defects straight out the box. I nearly gave up but thought I would try one more from a different supplier.
I’m wondering if quality control may have slipped with more recent units. Perhaps due to increasing demand.This one is much earlier in serial number sequence, the two I returned were later according to serial number and within 3 digits of each other.
:grinning:

4 Likes

What were the defects?

Keith

Bit different to my restored Keith Monks CR502 (uses much of the MkII, still in production so parts are available, but in a smaller form factor)

Restoration involved new tubing, brush block, platter mat, platter belt, new NOS thread and a deep clean.

12 Likes

zipdiscs !!! yes, how ancient! I still have the drive somewhere in the loft… might bring it down just for fun!
enjoy/ken

1 Like

so ‘yesterday’ isn’t it – remote with a cable! :slight_smile:
enjoy/ken

1 Like

I found them at thomann de, the manufacturer is ROOMs. A bit pricy for a headphone stand but after a lengthy search, I liked the look of these most. Well made, sturdy with rubber feet.