System Pics 2020

But what about the muddy water running over that lovely painted surface? No comment on the dodgy bloke though. Very discreet.

1 Like

I understand fully where you are coming from and send my best wishes.

Phil

Your very lucky, I put a much higher bid in for them right at the end of the auction which for some reason didnā€™t register. If my bid had of registered I think they might of been adorning my system. Enjoy.

Lovely colour scheme. Very effective.

1 Like

Perfect positioning of the Sony in front of a mirror so one could look himself in the eyes and ask honestly if he really needed any better HI Fiā€¦ Smart girlfriend.

2 Likes

Thanks Stevie and Haim! All comments will be fed back. To her inevitable delight!

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. If itā€™s any consolation I spotted some nice SL2s for sale on the Naim Audio buy and sell Facebook page. Reasonably priced too (but collection only from Kidderminster)

1 Like

Wow. Gorgeous setup. And nice job on the custom frame. Like you I made my own, and love it. The only thing you need now is to delete Windows from your computer and install Linux :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I paid Ā£2k for mine back in 2010 (with grills :smiley:). Good to see that SL2 prices are staying strong.

There is a knack to winning those Ebay auctions. I found it worked when I won 300DR for a bit of fun on a Sunday evening back in late 2018. That Ebay win has cost me a lot of money in upgrades since thenā€¦ :astonished:

1 Like

Mine Iā€™m afraid, but Iā€™ve probably outgrown them :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I find bidding more than the next highest bidder works for meā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Itā€™s all about Pace, Rhythm and TIMINGā€¦ :wink:

4 Likes

Sniping software makes it a bit of a lottery. For me the key is bidding what I am prepared to pay and no more. Some people are more concerned with ā€˜winningā€™ than actually getting a good dealā€¦

2 Likes

SL2s are normally used without toe in, or with the tiniest smidgin, and as close to the back wall as possible. Whether thatā€™s better than your current arrangement with side walls so close I donā€™t know, but it may be worth trying. As others have said, the Tom Tom grilles are excellent, I have a pair.

When I sold my first pair of SL2s over 10 years ago I was using CDS3, 552 and 300 and they sounded wonderful. It amazing what you can get for a relatively modest sum. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll love them.

1 Like

I have the SL2s as close to the back wall as possible without snagging the speaker cables. Theyā€™re sitting around 4"-5" from the wall with an inch for toe in. Iā€™ve now ordered the grilles from Tom Tom.

The SL2s are a great speaker for the money. Iā€™m very pleased with them. My mum heard them at the weekend and she loved them, and said without the grilles they looked like a couple of daleks sitting in the room :joy:

2 Likes

My toe in is 3mm, which I found best. You may want to try that before finalising position. Your mum is right, they look weird without grilles.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t say weird, just plain wrong. :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen a more attractive loudspeaker than the SL2s. Beautiful design and craftsmanship.

1 Like

Can we have more images of these most attractive loudspeakers please? :wink:

Sorry about the dog

26 Likes